About Gangster Games
The infamous criminal lifestyle - complete with thrilling action, high stakes drama and a generous helping of danger - comes to life in Gangster Games. The appeal of this gaming genre lies in the immersive experience of entering the nefarious world of organized crime. Gameplay ranges from petty thuggery to rising through the ranks of the Mafia until controlling the underbelly of an entire city becomes the ultimate goal. It offers the thrill of law-breaking without the real-world consequences.
Gangster games date back to the early days of the gaming industry with titles such as Mafia and Grand Theft Auto, which engage players in exciting missions of extortion, racketeering, and gangland murder. This genre appeals primarily to those who enjoy a chaotic yet strategic gaming environment, and who enjoy making power plays while navigating their way through deadly turf wars.
What types of gangster games are there?
Gangster games can be broadly categorized based on their gameplay mechanics and narrative elements:
- Action-Adventure: This category includes games such as the "Grand Theft Auto" series, which combine exciting combat with exploration in open-world environments. Players are often tasked with various missions involving car chases, heists, and shootouts.
- Strategy: Some gangster games, such as "Omerta - City of Gangsters", focus on the strategic management of criminal empires. Players control actions such as racketeering operations, turf control, and navigating complex political dynamics within the criminal underworld.
- Stealth: Games such as "Assassin's Creed Syndicate" include a significant stealth component, encouraging players to accomplish criminal goals by stealth rather than through fanfare violence.
What can you learn from gangster games?
Gangster games can teach a variety of skills relevant to various areas of personal and professional development. They are not just entertainment. Players can learn strategic thinking, problem solving, resource management, and improved hand-eye coordination, among other skills. They can also encourage teamwork and communication when played in cooperative or multiplayer modes.
Best Online Gangster Games
Here are five popular online gangster games that have left an indelible mark on the genre:
- "Grand Theft Auto V": This game offers a comprehensive and realistic depiction of a life of crime, making it one of the most popular in the genre.
- "Mafia: Definitive Edition": Remastered with stunning graphics and compelling storytelling, this game delivers an immersive 1930s mobster experience.
- "Sleeping Dogs": Set in the underbelly of Hong Kong, this action-adventure game immerses you in the city's criminal world through its main character, Wei Shen.
- "Yakuza 0": This Japanese gangster game offers a unique glimpse into Japan's criminal underworld, set in the 1980s.
- "The Godfather: The Game": Based on the iconic movie, this game allows players to live out the story of the Corleone family.
In conclusion, gangster games, while clearly rooted in a world of crime and chaos, offer more than just entertainment. These games provide thrilling experiences coupled with the opportunity to learn valuable skills. The diversity of the genre allows everyone to find a gangster game that perfectly suits their gaming preferences.