Alpha Project is a battlefield 2 modification which goals are to bring back all the features that were left out in the retail game.
The gameplay style of the mod is a mixture of arcade and realism and features shown on the first trailers and screenshots of battlefield 2
Finaly the wait is over, the much anticipated rebirth of the bf2 alpha footage is ready for its first release!
Posted by JONES™ on Jul 31st, 2011
Hello battlefield fellows! Finaly we will release our first version of alpha project, first of all let me thank all the developers and contributors helping making this possible, without them the mod would never became what it is now!
The first release is as the mod title already says in "alpha" stage, so there might be bugs which still need to be fixed, let us now when you found a bug and post it in the comment section! The download will be ready on 1st August 2011 this news might be posted earyler thanks for your understanding!
Xeqtr, TrueSpirit, Nick, EzPiKnZ, BFRHYS, Hjid, M.Combat, Skullterror, Apache Thunder, Dtneter, Cvrelebrate, A-10Freak, Dodek, Likon, Cassio, Spartan, Duke, JONES
(let me know if we missed someone, detailed credits are included in the downloads credits.txt)
- 3d ironsights for all weapons
- 3d sniper scopes
- weapon sway effect
- droping handweapons and helmets
- dynamic objects (ragdoll barrels and crates)
- visible hands on steering wheels and stationary weapons
- new high quality textures
- divided city bf2 alpha map
- zatar wetlands overhaul
- strike at karkand sandstorm
- new minimap with gid overlay
- simrad target designator
- laser guided missiles
- new weapon, distant and enviroment sounds
- overworked more realistic weapon properties
- higher weapon damage (between arcade and realism)
- tank dust blast effect
- muzzle ground dust effect
- uh-60 with hydra pods
- mi-17 with hydra pods
- civilian vehicles
You can find the special weapons pickup kits at map predefined locations, like
on the maps mainbase. There are also hidden pickupkits on some maps!