Alpha 20 of Project Ginshu is now available for players who have preordered the game.
Posted by duangle on Aug 14th, 2012
Alpha 20 of Project Ginshu is now available for players who have preordered the game. If you have the last version installed already, you can simply update from within the game. Otherwise, you will have to download the game runtime first, which in turn will update the game.
- The planet is now cubic, allowing to better align building elements with the floor.
- Turned off music for now.
- Attacks only begin when battery starts charging.
- The Critter attack waves follow a new pattern. Each new wave is introduced by an alarm sound. Correspondingly, the battery takes longer to charge, ending just around the last wave.
- Keys 1-9 select inventory items.
- Small mouse movement fixes on OSX, still not perfect.
- Side-By-Side 3D Mode: start with command line -s sidebyside (open ginshu.app --args -s sidebyside on Mac)
- Config folder moved from ~/.duangle to ~/.config/duangle on Linux / OSX (following XDG specs),
P;PDATA% folder in Windows (Users/username/AppData/Roaming).
- Various fixes.
- Mac OS X: Mouse input has odd sensitivity. Mouse input is glitchy at times, app appears to be not perfectly full-screen.
- Mac OS X: If using a trackpad, the scroll action is too jerky to be useful.
- Blender Engine related: When the framerate drops below 30 frames, the game may not register key/button presses unless you hold the key/button for a longer time. This bug has been added to Blender's bug tracker.
- Linux: The linux build is for 32-bit systems. Some 64-bit platforms do not provide 32-bit support libraries out of the box. 64-bit Ubuntu e.g. requires the ia32-libs package to be installed (it's in the Ubuntu repository).