Zombie Master is a multiplayer Source modification, centred around a zombie-apocalypse, which throws all but one player in the shoes of human survivors. Pitched against a relentless tide of rotting flesh, they must scavenge for weaponry and equipment just to stay alive. But that one player, chosen randomly at the beginning of the round, is not bound by mortal restraints. To speak his name is to invite the wrath of hell - but most call him the 'Zombie Master'. He is nigh omnipotent. His invisible hand controls the legions of undead like puppets on strings; slowly closing the net on the humans while they run to and fro like rats in a maze.
The large 1.2.0 update to ZM finally comes to ModDB. The update adds new weapons, a new zombie type, and many other new features and bugfixes.
Posted by BadKingUrgrain on Nov 12th, 2008
Zombie Master 1.2.0 has been out for a week or two, but due to administrative issues we were unable to update the ModDB profile. Thanks to the ModDB staff, the situation has been resolved, and the download section in ZM's profile here now offers the 1.2.0 release.
- Banshees clinging to the ceiling in ambush
- Load-out map entities, letting survivors start out with equipment
- Overhauled spawning menu and system
- Late-joiner (eg. those with slower map loading) autojoin
- Lag compensation for zombies
- Zombie-view spectator camera
- Lots of balancing tweaks, and a lot of bugfixes
ZM 1.2.0 full Windows installer