Modern Warfare Mod 3 brings World in Conflict from the Cold War into the Modern Age. It also ups the ante on realism and authenticity in every role – Infantry, Armor, Support and Air, while trying our best to keep everything relatively balanced for fun and interesting gameplay.
Modern Warfare Mod 2 is moving out of the Open Beta phase and into the Release Candidate phase, so here is the first Release Candidate. Please note that this mod REQUIRES your World in Conflict to be patched to version 220.127.116.11!
Posted by Heaney on Jun 13th, 2011
Release Candidate 1 is here!
The Open Beta phase has been highly successful, gaining approximately 55,000* downloads and giving our fans a hands-on preview of how the mod will play.
However, we are now confident that we can move into the next phase of development, the Release Candidate phase.
Although not every feature has been completed, such as the BM-21 or BMP-3 model integration, these small things will probably be finished in time for the release.
Release Candidate 1 offers a host of bugfixes. It also brings 2 new highly detailed radars for the Russian faction, realistic infantry skins for the USA faction, an improved MBT countermeasures system, major improvements to the IADS code, and 3 new maps making the total maps in the map pack 11.
NOTE: This mod requires your World in Conflict to be patched to version 18.104.22.168. or it will not work.
To patch your game, simply start the game, sign into multiplayer, and it will detect that your game needs patched and update your game.
Use these links to download RC1. Regardless of what version of the mod you have you will need to download both the mod and the map pack.
Just click on your Operating System and it will take you to the download.
To get the map pack just click whichever version of World in Conflict you use. If you are unsure, check the shortcut that you use to start world in conflict (right click it and go to properties) or browse to program files and check where World in Conflict is installed.
If you have not read our tutorials yet, we highly recommend that you do. The gameplay is significantly different from un-modded World in Conflict in many aspects and there may be a steep learning curve if you do not read these tutorials.
Here are the tutorials:
- Armour Role Guide: The Basics
- Air Role Guide Part I: The Basics
- Air Role Guide Part II: Surviving from SAMs
- Air Role Guide Part III: Attack Helicopters for Experts
- Support Role Guide: The Basics
- Support Role Guide: Air Defense Strategies
Firstly, here are some lists that may be useful:
Balancing and Unit Changes
- All infantry units except Sniper and Fire Team now have reduced vision range. Sniper and/or Fire Team should be placed out in front to provide extended line of sight.
- Infantry Fighting Vehicles now have increased vision range to provide light recon capability.
- Reduced tactical aid price of both cruise missiles and ballistic missiles.
- Reduced front side RHAe-to-Armor rating value on Abrams MBT to balance gameplay.
- Reduced missile system align time on Mi-28N to 15 seconds from 30 seconds (amount of time it takes for offensive ability to become available).
- Reduced Airborne Infantry tactical aid cost for Armor role (from 12 to 8).
- Reduced Transport Gunship Helicopter reinforcement cost to 900 (from 1500).
- Engineering infantry mines now have higher stealth parameter.
New Features and Improvements
- Removed support for Few Persons Mode.
- USA Support AI players now launch cruise missiles.
- Support AI players now spread out their SAM units.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) light rendering support for DirectX. Enable in Advanced Graphics options (turned on by default).
- Infantry Fighting Vehicles and Stryker Anti-Tank vehicle can now fire 2 anti-tank missiles in a rapid succession before being forced into reload.
- Added 9M96 Light interceptor missile for Russia S-300 SAM.
- Smoothed out missile animations of Patriot SAM.
- Fixed target acquisition issue with Apache Longbow in urban environment.
- Improved missile targeting for Mi-28N Havoc.
- Rearranged spawn zones in do_Hometown.
- US MGM-168 ATACMS ballistic missile now uses cluster munitions to deliver equivalent amount of damage and area of effect as Russian 9K79 Tochka.
- USA infantry bots now use mechanized warfare tactics, using combination of infantry transporting Stryker ICV and TOW vehicles to escort each other.
- Russia infantry bots now use mechanized warfare tactics and escort their IFVs with Shilka AAA.
- Russia armor bots now use T-90 MBT.
- Shtora-1 DAS now soft-kills TOW missiles in addition to laser-guided Hellfires.
- AN/VLQ-6 MCD soft-kill active protection system for Abrams MBT, Stryker ICV and Stryker TOW vehicles. MCD will detect SACLOS guided anti-tank missiles and will automatically throw smoke grenades and jam them to break the missile lock.
- New missile seeker script for AGM-114L HELLFIRE II missiles. Employing same code as PAC-3 missile seeker. Data-link and target engagement prioritization are provided in coordination with Longbow radar. Significantly improved lethality against multiple targets.
- AH-64D CMSP/ASE now detects non-radar guided missiles. However, IR missiles are not yet detected (work in progress for future release).
- Mi-28N LWR now detects laser designation from Stryker TOW and Bradley IFV.
- Increased gun fire burst for 96K6 Pantsir to improve probability of kill against maneuvering cruise missiles.
- Radar-directed AA guns now trip radar warning receiver on attack helicopters.
- do_Mauer is now available for gameplay. NATO faction changed to USA.
- Changed spawn zones on do_Mauer to reflect Cold War style push.
- as_Typhoon is now available for gameplay. NATO faction changed to USA.
- New map: Libya
- New map: Riverside
- New map: Eurorock
- Increased time length of game matches.
- Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) 3.5 Software Update for Attack Helicopter units. System properly correlates radar emission and alerts the player in real time. The RWR will display status of enemy SAM in either (a) Search/Acquisition Mode, (b) Lock On/Tracking Mode or (c) Launch/Missile Guidance Mode.
- S-300 System Software 2.0 Upgrade for S-300 Integrated Air Defense System (Russia side).
- Added 64N6 Big Bird battle management radar unit added for S-300 SAM.
- Added 76N6 Low Altitude Acquisition radar unit added for S-300 SAM.
- Patriot Weapons Control Computer (WCC) 3.0 Software upgrade for Patriot Integrated Air Defense System (USA side) network.
- Korean KM-SAM is now slaved to Patriot IADS.
- TBM Search mode for Patriot radars. Force sector azimuth for TBM search by issuing Attack-Ground (default: F key) on the Patriot unit toward the directional azimuth of desired search area.
- Radar directed AA guns now have ammunition parameter defined (i.e. 1400 rounds, etc).
- Fixed a bug where Longbow radar often detected infantry as a valid target, even though missiles could not be launched against them.
- Fixed a bug where 96K6 Pantsir and 9K331 Tor M1 could not be repaired by friendly repair vehicles.
At this time we really MUST stress the need for donations.
WiC MW Mod Team is not employed by any gaming studios or companies to create this mod for you. We make non-commercial, for-entertainment/educational military-themed game content.We sustain ourselves through community donations by those who are gracious enough to help us, even if it is only few dollars.If you liked our mod, please consider helping us by donating a few dollars.
This will help us to get into positive balance and therefore be able to buy new models, which means new in game units.
All donations are appreciated highly, and you will be featured in the mod credits as a donor.