Modern Warfare Mod 3 brings World in Conflict from the Cold War into the Modern Age. It also ups the ante on realism and authenticity in every role – Infantry, Armor, Support and Air, while trying our best to keep everything relatively balanced for fun and interesting gameplay.
This is the first post-release update to MW Mod. As always, this mod REQUIRES your World in Conflict to be patched to version 184.108.40.206.
Posted by Heaney on Jan 7th, 2012
Modern Warfare Mod 2.0.1 Update is here!
Version 2.0.1, the first post-release update for Modern Warfare Mod 2, has been released today.
It fixes bugs with attack helicopter turning, 9M119M Refleks bugs, FLINT bugs and more, as well as implimenting major changes to the 9K331 Tor M1.
9K331 Tor M1 (SA-15) Terminal Air Defense System has now been re-introduced to Russian faction for all roles, with its missiles using the FLINT system. It is now the most lethal medium ranged SAM in game, with the ability to intercept precision guided missiles (such as Hellfire missiles), cruise missiles, UAVs, helicopters and aircraft.
NOTE: This mod requires your World in Conflict to be patched to version 220.127.116.11. or it will not work. To patch your game, simply start the game, sign into multiplayer, and it will detect that your game needs patched and update your game.
Use these links to download the mod. Regardless of what version of the mod you have you will need to download both the mod and the map pack.
Choose which type of install you would like to do. Please note that the installer is only compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7, not Windows XP.
The maps installer has now been improved to be able to install the maps for all versions of World in Conflict, without you having to choose.
Due to the increasing complexity in the simulation of missiles, aircraft, artillery, and more- Modern Warfare Mod 2 requires a higher-end system than specified on the original World in Conflict system requirements.
At minimum, your system (including video card) must maintain 35 frames per second or higher. Below 35 fps, numerous homing projectiles may miss their targets or fail to perform altogether. Try lowering your graphics settings if you cannot achieve enough frame rate.
World in Conflict and MW Mod both support multi-threading. It's recommended for your system to have quad-core or better CPU, at minimum of a dual-core processor.
If you have not read our tutorials yet, we highly recommend that you do. The gameplay is significantly different from un-modded World in Conflict in many aspects and there may be a steep learning curve if you do not read these tutorials. Some of these tutorials are outdated, so be aware of this restriction.
Here are the tutorials:
- Air Role Guide Part I: The Basics
- Air Role Guide Part II: Surviving from SAMs
- Air Role Guide Part III: Attack Helicopters for Experts
- Support Role Guide: The Basics
- Support Role Guide: Air Defense Strategies
Firstly, here are some lists that may be useful:
Balancing and Unit Changes
- 9K331 Tor M1 (SA-15) Terminal Air Defense System re-introduced to Russian faction for all roles. Unit rebuilt using FLINT engine. It is the most lethal medium ranged SAM in game, with the ability to intercept precision guided missiles, such as Hellfire missiles; as well as cruise missiles, UAVs, helicopters and aircraft
- Removed Armored Personnel Carrier (BTR-90) unit from Russia faction as unit functions are redundant
New Features & Improvements
- Programmed ingress point (IP) auto-pilot for Attack Helicopters. When firing a guided missile, helicopter will try to maintain course heading toward the target to support the missile in flight. To cancel auto-pilot and freely fly away, issue Stop order (default: 'T' key) first, then issue a new Move order.
- Attack Helicopter for Beginners will now show maximum range of their guided missile when pressing the Attack-Ground key (press and hold F).
- AI players will now try to stand-off at range when possible.
- Russia AI support players will now send 9K331 Tor to the frontline, instead of 96K6 Pantsir.
- Russia AI armor players will escort their armor advance with 9K331 Tor SAM. They will also mix T-90 into their squad more frequently.
- New Map: Canyon
- New Map: Reforger
- Fixed a bug where Mi-28 Attack Helicopter for Experts would constantly turn into other direction when firing the guided missile.
- Fixed a bug where AH-1Z Attack Helicopter would constantly turn into other direction when firing the guided missile.
- Fixed a bug on T-80U Medium Tank where 9M119M Refleks fails to launch when tank is damaged.
- Fixed a bug where AI players try to attack friendly held buildings with 9M119M Refleks.
- Fixed a bug where 9M119M Refleks missile sometimes gave "missile en route, await impact" message even when there is no missile in the air.
- Fixed broken firing offsets for AGM-114L Longbow Hellfire on AH-64D Attack Helicopter for Experts.
- Fixed a bug where some FLINT missiles intercepted each other when they should not.
- Patriot and S-300 SAM will no longer attempt to engage FLINT missiles.
- Transporting of units now returns additional score to the player.
- AI Air players will now respond to player's request for air support.
At this time we really MUST stress the need for donations.
WiC MW Mod Team is not employed by any gaming studios or companies to create this mod for you. We make non-commercial, for-entertainment/educational military-themed game content.We sustain ourselves through community donations by those who are gracious enough to help us, even if it is only few dollars.If you liked our mod, please consider helping us by donating a few dollars.
This will help us to get into positive balance and therefore be able to buy new models, which means new in game units.
All donations are appreciated highly, and you will be featured in the mod credits as a donor.