Tiberium Wars Advanced seeks to bring the game closer to its Westwood roots while also maintaining the unique new flavor that Tiberium Wars brought to the series. New units, abilities, structures, strategies and a fresh gameplay experience are just a few of the things TWA brings to the table. With updated gameplay that brings the "Strategy" back into RTS and removes the "zerg rush" mentality, TWA is a mod that will appeal to both die-hard, base-building Westwood fans and those relatively new to the franchise alike. Don't believe us? Give it a download and try it out!

RSS Feed And another bunch of stuff

Hey, guess who got unbanned by EA? Just a small update to stop people commenting on this, the problem has been resolved.

Posted by Stygs on Jul 19th, 2011

A small update after my last posting:

After a bit of talking to the EA Support my old account was unbanned, so I can play all CnC games again and thus continue with the mod.
I have no idea why I was banned in the first place, but thanks for the help EA Support :)

But to be honest, I have no idea how to continue TWA. There is still so much stuff I cant finish because it needs new models, textures and effects, so it's not as good as I hoped it to be.
Still, my current intention is to finished the englisch translation and release the next version it the way it is now.

Dunno how long that will take, since translation is an incredible boring thing job to do...

And on that note: I am looking for people who can help me with those unfinshed stuff, particular people who can fix the campaign or can edit unit texures. However, I dont have much experience on these fields myself, so I wont be able to help much.
And if there is anyone who can help me translate all those unit desciptions from german to english I would be very gratefull.

And last but not least a message for all German speaking readers (if you cant read German just ignore this, its not directly TWA related):

Auf der EA-Seite gibts ne Abstimmung zwischen dem United-Forum und CnCSaga zur besten deutschsprachigen CnC-Seite. Für wen ihr abstimmt liegt natürlich ganz bei euch, aber wenn ihr mir nen persönlichen Gefallen tun wollt:
Stimmt für das UF!

Comments
MrTaxikiller
MrTaxikiller Jul 20 2011, 11:21am said:

hi mein freund ich bin von den Niederlanden und sprechen Sie ein Spitzen deutsches, so what I want to say is that I can translate most of the descriptions to english let me know by pm if you need my assist

Cjslayer16
Cjslayer16 Jul 20 2011, 7:44pm replied:

Assistance..

Anyways great news ! Glad you got that sorted out, because honestly Ea could not have gotten much worse.

Sigh.

MrTaxikiller
MrTaxikiller Jul 25 2011, 11:18am replied:

assist -> assistance both are the same :). but thanks for the correction and for the English lesson lol :P

Alex_06
Alex_06 Jul 20 2011, 11:56am said:

I can help with fixing the campaign and perhaps also with translation. I don't speak much German, so I can't translate everything directly, but I can help correct grammar mistakes and such.

I can also write Intel Database entries to replace those in-game and make the database fit with what's in the mod.

PM me if you need my help!

PurpleGaga27
PurpleGaga27 Jul 20 2011, 1:04pm said:

I wonder how many more units will you add into this mod before it's all finalized?

Raschid
Raschid Jul 20 2011, 4:41pm said:

Ich könnte bei der Übersetzung helfen..
Komme aus Deutschland und bin des Englischen durchaus mächtig :P

The_Mastodon
The_Mastodon Jul 20 2011, 8:46pm said:

Love to see Golan's New Mastodon MK.II model!!

KOYK_GR
KOYK_GR Jul 31 2011, 9:40pm said:

ok i am making a campaign with scripts eva sounds ect. very good and atmospheric ok? but when you say that (But to be honest, I have no idea how to continue TWA.) you ******* ruin me!!!! you destroy me!!! your mod its like original game to me! do you get me? dont stop coz am gona speak very very very bad too you!and believe me you will cry! i am serious.

btw stop changing the ability names that dont need to be change! i lost 6 hour to find out that the firewhack dont shout coz it whas different name ability.(but i fix that coz a modify my map-editor cfg for your mod lol)

keep up and do not waste my work ok?

-1 votes     reply to
-Golan-
-Golan- Aug 3 2011, 5:04am replied:

You certainly have a charming way of asking for things.

KOYK_GR
KOYK_GR Aug 3 2011, 6:40am replied:

hahahahhaa lol
ok i have cross the lines.

Blazerunner
Blazerunner Dec 6 2011, 10:05pm said:

@Alex_06
They may not be perfect in their dialect and/or translation methods, but I've used online translation programs from time to time, usually in English to Japanese and/or English to English Al Bhed (I do use it from time to time)... I've not tried Japanese to Japanese Al Bhed (which is supposedly hellishly difficult compared to the English iteration). And, yes, before you ask, there are English and Japanese variations to Al Bhed. FFX and FFX-2 (among others) have multiple translations, though I admittedly didn't know of Japanese Al Bhed until recently (within the last year or so).