The Dawn of the Tiberium Age is a stand-alone Tiberian Sun to Tiberian Dawn (C&C 95) and Red Alert total conversion for which we tried to capture TD's feeling as well as possible (both concerning graphics and gameplay) in classic mode, while giving the player a lot of fun new stuff and access to the RA factions when playing in enhanced mode.

RSS Feed The Dawn of the Tiberium Age v1.10 Released!

After being under development for over a year, DTA 1.10 has finally been released.

Posted by Bittah_Commander on Jan 9th, 2010

It has taken quite a while for version 1.10 of The Dawn of the Tiberium Age to get finished, but it's finally here and I promise you that it's not just been collecting dust all year long. DTA 1.10 has the longest change log yet, so I'm just going to link to it: Dta.cncxs.com.

The most notable change is without a doubt the addition of the enhanced mode. While the classic mode aims to be a perfect replica of C&C95 on Tiberian Sun's engine, the aim of the enhanced mode is to improve or add features to the ones you're already familiar with from the classic mode.

DTA 1.10 pre-release DTA 1.10 pre-release DTA 1.10 pre-release

To get a better idea of what I'm talking about, just watch the trailer below if you haven't seen it already or you can of course just click the link above to download and play the mod straight away (do watch the trailer if you haven't seen it however, because I put quite a few hours in making it :P).

Comments
TotallySnappy
TotallySnappy Jan 9 2010, 5:08am said:

authorize faster damn it!

feillyne
feillyne Jan 9 2010, 4:53pm replied:

O.o Still not authorised (11 hours?).

BTW, @Bittah_Commander, if you check the "keep private" option, the news will be shown immediately w/o authorisation.
But you shouldn't do that for a release news, such as this one, b/c release news are most likely to be spotlighted on the main Moddb page.

Bird_of_Prey
Bird_of_Prey Jan 9 2010, 6:12pm said:

Hadn't noticed this before. Looks great. Super job on that trailer, I can tell you put a lot of work into it.

VulpineComplex
VulpineComplex Jan 9 2010, 6:36pm said:

One of my favorite mods ever released for the C&C series as a whole. Really fantastic job you've done with the new version.

MrTambourineMan
MrTambourineMan Jan 9 2010, 7:01pm said:

Wow, Tiberian Dawn was the first game that got me into strategies back in '95...

ExecutorTassadar
ExecutorTassadar Jan 11 2010, 6:24am replied:

Same here. Also the first game I played on LAN...EVER.

Chetech
Chetech Jan 9 2010, 8:54pm said:

the enhanced mode looks...surprising :)

qpac
qpac Jan 10 2010, 7:04am said:

Oh my God! One of the most awesome things I've seen!

DazJW
DazJW Jan 10 2010, 7:05am said:

Good job with the trailer, downloading.

smoke4me
smoke4me Jan 10 2010, 8:54am said:

You rock great job! This mod finally gives everyone that skirmish mode we never got to play back in the day with classic c&c.

Lt_Albrecht
Lt_Albrecht Jan 10 2010, 1:21pm said:

Nice one bittah.

Cjslayer16
Cjslayer16 Jan 10 2010, 3:11pm replied:

I love you picture. :)

And Amazing, Simply breathtaking video. :)

Wasper
Wasper Jan 10 2010, 1:46pm said:

How awesome is that? Never heard of you guys, shame on me :O This looks so awesome, damn I love the old CnC. Downloading right now an re-installing TS!

Bittah_Commander
Bittah_Commander Jan 10 2010, 2:31pm said:

There's no need to have TS installed to be able to play DTA ;)

VulpineComplex
VulpineComplex Jan 10 2010, 3:18pm replied:

Wait, what? I wish I had known this before I went on my multi-hour search of my TFD disc!

Wasper
Wasper Jan 10 2010, 6:28pm replied:

Yeah, just figured out, too. But the game unfortunately likes to crash after a few minutes (only tested skirmish so far) :'(

jrjellybeans
jrjellybeans Jan 10 2010, 3:57pm said:

Great job!
Looks neat!

[-Ex-]Mercury
[-Ex-]Mercury Jan 11 2010, 3:09am said:

Does this work with the First Decade collection version of TS

Bittah_Commander
Bittah_Commander Jan 11 2010, 4:20am said:

Yes... Like I said above, it even works without having TS installed at all.

VulpineComplex
VulpineComplex Jan 11 2010, 9:27pm replied:

Did just find out today that if you don't have TS installed, it might complain about missing DLLs.

Bittah_Commander
Bittah_Commander Jan 12 2010, 6:53am said:

Strange... From my experience the missing DLLs error that occurs when you don't have TS installed only happens when you don't have blowfish.dll in DTA's directory, but since I included that file with the mod by default there sholdn't be any problems. Often having User Account Control enabled in vista will give you a missing DLLs error however; you can get around this by either running DTA as administrator or simply turning UAC off.

Wasper
Wasper Jan 12 2010, 1:34pm said:

Yeah, it sometimes worries about a missing .dll. But when you start it again, it works (I run it as stand-alone).
However, the game still crashes on my computer (Win XP, skirmish) after a while. Sometimes I can play it for 5 minutes and sometimes even for 20 minutes. But in the end it always crashes (freezes for 3 seconds, then the exe produces an error).

Any idea why this is happening?

Bittah_Commander
Bittah_Commander Jan 12 2010, 2:02pm said:

You get an internal error from DTA? If so, see if the game created an except.txt file and send it to me. I don't think Mod DB allows people send files to each other, so the easiest way to send it to me is probably by posting it on the forums of my site: Dta.cncxs.com

Wasper
Wasper Jan 15 2010, 7:19pm replied:

Sorry, no except.txt is being generated.

Bittah_Commander
Bittah_Commander Jan 16 2010, 7:57am replied:

Too bad... Is this crash occurring on just one (or more) specific map(s) or on all maps?

Wasper
Wasper Jan 16 2010, 10:27am replied:

On all skirmish maps (still haven't tried any other game mode yet). Doesn't matter which faction you play or what you do or how many opponents you've got. It just crashes randomly. Have to save the game almost every 5 minutes - still makes a lot of fun, though.
Will try to use the mod-version (running the stand-alone atm).

Bittah_Commander
Bittah_Commander Jan 16 2010, 10:56am replied:

It's always stand-alone (whether you place it in the TS folder or not, it'll only use its own files) and the mod-version is going to work exactly the same, so I don't think there's really a point in trying. The only difference is that it uses a few copied files with a different file name.

Wasper
Wasper Jan 16 2010, 12:55pm replied:

Yeah, it didn't help. Also crashes. There's one difference, though: You can't build any vehicles when you use it as mod :D Only infantry and helicopters. Vehicles icons are shaded black, when you click on them EVA says "building" but nothin' happens.

Bittah_Commander
Bittah_Commander Jan 16 2010, 5:56pm replied:

That's actually a bug that occurs when you play naval maps in the classic mode. I found out what causes this; the necessary houses simply don't exist in the classic mode, but I found that adding the necessary code to the naval maps themselves does solve the issue.

Xunara
Xunara Jan 18 2010, 1:18am replied:

I'm also experiencing troubles with the game. It stutters after you deployed your MCV; after aprox 5 mins it becomes so bad the game crashes. I get (visual) 1 second intervals on all the actions that I perform. This is usually building and moving your units around.

Could this be a compactibility issue?
Am I missing certain DLL files?
What platform has this been tested on?
Could it be my 64 bits operating system?

PS. Im falling in love again ;] please help me fix this problem!

Bittah_Commander
Bittah_Commander Jan 18 2010, 6:15am replied:

I personally use Vista x64, so that can't be the issue. From the sound of it, the problem you're having also isn't specifically related to DTA, but rather to Tiberian Sun itself.
Beowulf's ddraw.dll file seems to make Tiberian Sun run better for many people however (although it seems to do nothing or even make it worse for others), so you could give that a try: Ppmsite.com
Simply place the ddraw.dll file in DTA's directory and start the game.

Xunara
Xunara Jan 18 2010, 10:50am replied:

Well that made it worse heh.. Now when I startup the game my whole screen turns black; I can hear the movie and the menu music.. also when I move my mouse I can hear the buttons but when I click something the whole game just crashes!

Thanks for the help though; any other suggestions? :x

Bittah_Commander
Bittah_Commander Jan 18 2010, 11:04am replied:

Maybe try running it in Windows 98 compatibility mode?

Aro
Aro Jan 19 2010, 3:09pm replied:

Compatability modes seem to work better for some and worse for others. I personally don't have a problem with running DTA and I use Windows XP. I do however have to use DDRAW.dll cause otherwise I get some serious lag after about 5 minutes into gameplay.

Bittah_Commander
Bittah_Commander Jan 19 2010, 7:52pm replied:

I personally actually have never even tried DDRAW.dll, considering TS (and DTA) always ran perfectly fine on the few systems I tried it on. The game does slightly slow down for me when I produce cheap units or buildings, but it's only noticable when playing on the fastest game speed in skirmish mode (and for me fastest in skirmish is way faster than fastest online and online the slow-down isn't noticeable).

Mr.Lee
Mr.Lee Jan 14 2010, 1:00pm said:

i love you, for bringing so much nice memories back from my childhood.
this was the first game i ever bought from my own money!

great mod i sure gonna check it out.

freredarme
freredarme Jan 17 2010, 12:20pm said:

Awesome !

Lupus_of_nox_noctis
Lupus_of_nox_noctis Jan 20 2010, 7:40am said:

The trailer is incredible. I cant wait for 1.11,But 1.10 will suffice....for now.