Red Orchestra is the award winning state of the art total conversion that pits players in scale combat of the most intense and grueling warfare in history; the Eastern Front conflict of World War II. Real missions set in real scale settings -- from elite tactical units vieing for control of strategic industrial assets in close quarter combat, to brutal heavy infantry assaults and bayonet charges to take tactical objectives, to heavy mechanized armor units battling for strategic control of entire cities in blistering exchanges of fire power -- Red Orchestra delivers unprecedented tactical realism of in epic scope -- on a human scale...

RSS Feed RO Free Game Trial

One of our favourite mods which has since become a game is now running a free week trial via Steam. So if you have been itching to try out the real Red Orchestra but are still scraping togethor the cash required, now is the time to get playing! The official press release is as follows: The free full-game

Posted by INtense! on Aug 3rd, 2006

One of our favourite mods Red Orchestra which has since become a game is now running a free week trial via Steam. So if you have been itching to try out the real Red Orchestra but are still scraping togethor the cash required, now is the time to get playing! The official press release is as follows:

The free full-game trial for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is now underway. The free trial period features the full RO:Ostfront game including the recently released Free Booster Pack which includes a new mission (Lyes Krovy), smoke grenades for commanders, and many other gameplay enhancements. The free trial lasts from now until August 7th, so if you haven?t got the game already head on over to the Info Page to get RO now.

For more information on Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, please visit: Redorchestragame.com

Comments
methy
methy Aug 3 2006, 9:52am said:

Lots of fun. I recommend people get in there, the community is very welcoming. :D

Chunky
Chunky Aug 3 2006, 3:27pm said:

I'll give it a try with a friend later.

grasn
grasn Aug 3 2006, 3:54pm said:

well yeah the ut mod was great to play, very realistic animations.

Termin-X-man
Termin-X-man Aug 3 2006, 4:15pm said:

Too bad that they Object off all of the people who actually bought the game when it was released, because in their last patch they tried to make it more "noob friendly" and took out a lot of the realism, Tripwire are sellouts.

kaiserpanda
kaiserpanda Aug 3 2006, 9:25pm said:

The guns are accurate, you just need to aim with them. Use the iron sights, its' the only way to tell where you're aiming with a real weapon. :P
Firing not-sighted has freeaim, which takes some getting used to.

mrtywalsh
mrtywalsh Aug 3 2006, 9:55pm said:

This game is great. The only thing it could use more of is players..but I can always find many servers that are near full with good pings. Just not on the lvl of BF2 or CS. Great game everyone check it out and support tripwire.

Anubis612
Anubis612 Aug 3 2006, 6:14pm said:

I wouldn't call changing the names of the classes an act of selling out. While I personally preferred it the old way myself, I don't mind this too much since the class name is still in the description. Other than that, the patch increased some aspects of realism, such as through the new round changing system on the tanks. Many tanks could not reload manually so the shot needed to be fired before reloading.

CommandoPoop
CommandoPoop Aug 3 2006, 9:19pm said:

Termin X wtf are you talking about?

cheeseyballz
cheeseyballz Aug 3 2006, 9:20pm said:

It's a great game, but only thing I highly dislike is how the guns have NO accuracy even when you fire. XD

Betelgeuze
Betelgeuze Aug 4 2006, 12:39am said:

I played it and I like it! I dont think Im going to buy it... or maybe I will.

It was good but not Uber.

Zimbaly
Zimbaly Aug 4 2006, 1:32am said:

Holy I had nothing but problems with this game. I would of been happy with a 5 minute trial.... geez time wasted downloading this when I could of been playing MB2, or UO, or DoD..... something free and good.... now everything you pay for is poo..... poo I say..... heck even old CS is good, but no... I downloaded this.... sorry Ixin..... bad karma =|

Snarboo
Snarboo Aug 4 2006, 2:10am said:

What is with the whole "Booster pack" nonsense? That sounds like a fancy name for a "patch" and other stuff that is usually released for free by the publisher as a bonus, only they charge money for it. Does it cost money?

SocratesOmega
SocratesOmega Aug 4 2006, 2:35am said:

Amadon
Amadon Aug 4 2006, 2:40am said:

Termin-X man the change is only temoporary, in the future there will be an option to set the class names to "noob-friendly" or "realistic". Elitists like don't have to worry for much longer.

tibz
tibz Aug 4 2006, 4:05am said:

this game made me hurt :(

Qwertyz
Qwertyz Aug 4 2006, 5:06am said:

I think its just awesome were you get shot in the arm you become less accurate, get shot in the legs you move slower, in the head DIE!!!! Awesome. I think im gona buy it.

Leedeth
Leedeth Aug 4 2006, 5:38am said:

Bought the game and preloaded before release, and its still my favourite game. The trial has done good things for my clan's server, its full almost all day now. :D

BTW, I think they called it a "Booster Pack" because it adds more content, not just fixes.

kingofkong
kingofkong Aug 4 2006, 5:20pm said:

but wen i play on the internet theres it says conexion failed can someone help??

Amadon
Amadon Aug 5 2006, 4:25am said:

I believe it's called a booster pack because it adds not just bugfixes and a new map but other things like new weapons aswell. In a way it helps signify that its a (free) mini-expansion.