The Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle-Earth: Return of Shadow.
Return of Shadow takes BFME to new heights with 17 factions being released gradually that cover the many armies and cultures of Middle-Earth.
So far there are 6 factions Lorien, Dunland, Rohan, Gondor, Mordor and Isengard with the rest to follow over time.
Return of Shadow allows you the unique opportunity to fight with many of the armies of Middle-Earth in strategically enhanced combat fighting on a scale not seen before in BFME.
The inclusion of many, many new maps brings you to places in Middle-Earth not just the famous locations but the secluded ones as well.
The fate of Middle-Earth is in your hands
A progress report/ goal list for 0.999 so be sure to report bugs to me to fix before release.
Posted by Radspakr on Jan 31st, 2012
I've been working on 0.999 in my spare time and the first thing I fixed was the Amon Hen bug plus address a couple other similar potential problems.
- I've updated the Terrain textures with the versions used in LWR.
- I've added in some of the LWR models for Rohan such as the Rohirrim and Footmen.
- I'll be adding in some art from LWR but not sure how far I'll go with it but most likely some of Gondor's and Rhun's new work will be added.
- I'm hoping to clean up the mod a bit removing obsolete units, art and sounds and trying to bring down the file size as much as possible.
- Some coding changes may also be implemented where needed.
- More AI ready EA Maps will be added.
- Some of the new mapping props may be added replacing the old stuff.
Truth be told I haven't played 0.37 since not long after I released it so I'm not sure what bugs are there so any bug reports you guys can make will help greatly.