This mod is set in Games Workshop's, great Warhammer 40,000 ( 40k ) universe. Each map pits Imperial Space Marines against the Tyranid swarm, competing in a series of mission objectives, culminating in a battle to decide the fate of the planet.
Latest scheduled play times and list of servers:
Exterminatus, a Warhammer 40,000 mod for Source releases a round up of alpha patches since it's last Beta release. Major new features in this alpha is the inclusion of two new player classes the Marine Apothecary (medic) and Tyranid Biovore (Artillery).
Posted by ChromeAngel on Aug 12th, 2012
This is a round up of all the weekly alpha's that we publish on the EX homepage since the 6.25 beta release. This means all you need to play this latest version is Source SDK 2007, EX 6.25 beta and this patch. I'm releasing this round up now because there have been a lot of patches since the beta and I know a lot of folks have trouble keeping up, also the 6.3x series of alphas now has a set features that are sufficiently even to be balanced. Everything should now be working, it's just a matter of balance testing and tweaking that balance before this becomes the new Beta version.
Downloads (55,417 KB)
Last minute addition from Nqss ex_tarsis_ultra.rar
If you already have a copy of the EX alpha, delete it. If you don't already have Beta 6.25 download and install it as normal. Copy the sourcemods/ex folder containing beta 6.25 and re4main it to sourcemods/ex_alpha (so you can still play the beta version too). Extract the 6.32 patch to your sourcemods folder ( they should overwrite files in the ex_alpha folder ). Extract the ex_tarsis_ultra.rar to your SourceMods/ex_alpha/maps/ folder. Restart Steam. You should now see both the Exterminatus Beta 6.25 and Exterminatus Alpha listed in your library.
If you have problems installing or running this patch visit the Steam Community Game Group, chat room on Steam. I'll be there to offer advice during testing times (please be patient, I will be in-game, participating in the test at the same time).
- Apothecary - Marine Tier 2 Class with Narcathium, Chainsword and Boltpistol.
- Biovore - Tyranid Tier 2 Class with Spore Mine launcher and Talons.
- Wargear Menu - After class selection allows you to pick which wargear set to equip.
- Missile Launcher - Alternate weapon for Heavy marines, with Frag and Krak missiles.
- "Hero banners" - to identify EX developers and contributors playing on the marine team.
- New version of city conflict (v3) by Dark Marine, with added vents, extend vistas and Coldhesier's 40k plasma generators.
- New version of Lycantium with a new 5th objective.
- Plasma bolt projectile and impact particles by The VMan.
- Melta beam and impact particles by The VMan.
- Deathspitter impact particles by The VMan.
- Bolt weapons impact particles by The VMan.
- Missile impact particles by The VMan.
- Frag grenade explosion particles by The VMan.
- Spore Mine explosion particles by The VMan.
- Player blood particles by The VMan.
- Boltgun 3rd person muzzle flash particles by The VMan.
- Screamer Killer effects particles by The VMan.
- Extended the class selection menu to handle 6 classes per team.
- Changed the way that frag grenades get thrown by the view model.
- Tweaked the some tyranid player animations to try and eliminate some console warnings.
- Slightly buffed the boltgun and boltpistol rate of fire.
- Buffed the accuracy of the boltgun.
- Nerfed the Fex's resistance to melta from 20% to 15%.
- Nerfed Carnifex armour to make missiles more effective.
- Forced de-cloaking while USEing for Lictors, to reduce "ninja caps".
- Fixed gaps in the stealer's view model.
- Altered the POV for the vet combo, so you wont see the sleeve tops in wide-screen mode.
I'll be working on bug fixes, aesthetic improvements (particle effects) and balance tweaking from now until we're ready for a new beta release. In order to test the balance of the mod I need to at least double the number of alpha testers that have been attending in recent weeks. I hope to see you all in-game.