Probably the most advanced TQ mod to date, Diablo 2 Immortal introduces unique new skill mechanics and elaborate balance systems to combine what people loved about Diablo 2 with the possibilities of Immortal Throne.
Play as an Amazon, Barbarian, Sorceress, Necromancer, Assassin or Paladin - or any hybrid combination of them - to experience both games anew.
The final big update to both D2 Immortal and its sister mod D2 Lilith comes with a huge list of improvements, and finally completes what had been planned out over 2 years ago. It adds the last remaining class to the roster, and also implements every single idea and fix that has come up since.
Posted by Vio on Jul 31st, 2012
Version 1.6 - All features finally complete!
The last big update to Diablo 2 Immortal comes with a huge list of improvements, and finally completes what had been planned out over 2 years ago. It adds the last remaining class to the roster, and also implements every single idea and fix that has come up since.
Aside from minor additions and adjustments that may follow, it is safe to say that D2I is now officially done. - And the best version ever!
Naturally, its sister mod Diablo 2 Lilith also gets an update with all compatible new features.
Features of 1.60
- SIX fully playable Diablo 2 classes
- Original characters, sounds and designs
- Unique new skill types
- Rewritten game balance, nerfed exploits, support for "weak" damage types
- New enemy skills and notably better AI
- Proper scaling and a steeply rising challenge across 12 acts
- Javelins and dexterity-based swords
- Stat hybrid and class mixture support
- Major sound overhaul
- Realistic resistances for all enemies, immunities in Hell
- More champions, heroes, ambushes, guest and secret monsters
- Epic boss fights and large-scale endgame quests
- Famous Diablo 2 loot and many bonus items to find
- New item sets for all classes, and reworked bonuses for all old sets
- Lilith to D2 Lilith assimilation ability
- All of the latest Fanpatch Fix changes
For details and more information about the mod, have a look at the Development Thread. Comments and questions about earlier releases can be found in the repective release threads.Thanks again to everyone who contributed!
Changelog for 1.45 -> 1.60
- Added the Paladin class (30 skills)
- Rearranged and balanced Assassin Martial Arts tree
- Minor changes to Sorceress cold spells
- Reworked Mana Shield energy consumption
- Added more Diablo 2 items
- Added upgradeable class sets for every class and difficulty
- Created one ultimate set for each pure class
- Added Paladin Sceptres to shops
- Increased drop ratio of new items vs. old items
- Revenant gear now also drops from Act 3 skeletons
- Minotaurs drop their MI axes
- Stopped lower level loot from dropping in Hell
- Added more bonus items and two bonus sets
- Added starting weapons to D2 Lilith
- Reworked / buffed numerous affixes
- Some offensive affixes now appear on shields
- Items now grant the proper Paladin skills
- +X to Skills affixes now appear on weapons for all classes
- Reworked the set bonuses of all old TQ and IT sets
- Art update for skill and class selection screens
- Art update for Insect Swarms
- Improved several particle effects
- Funky health and mana bars
- Miscellaneous improvements to some bosses
- New (Paladin) skills on enemy heroes
- Added new heroes
- Added monster ambush events
- Fixed the difficulty unlocking bug!
- Adjusted Secret Passage monster resistances
- Fixed broken permanent quest rewards
- Improved Spanish and German translations
- Included Spectre's post-fanpatch fixes
Special thanks to everyone who actively helped with all these things. Especially to the Spanish and German communities for their translations, and to Jaelrin for the bulk of the testing.
* Small 4:3 resolutions show a black bar behind the skill menu
- Native to Kirii's UI, which mine is based on. Just use another resoultion.
* Relics cannot be attached to javelins
- Current state of the art for 1h ranged weapons. May never be possible.
- Though they are strong regardless, one can use the Defiler's "relics in all" mod to allow it.
* Using the "Mod" option in TQVault shows proper item pictures, but fewer characters.
- That option is only designed for mods started directly from "custom game", like Lilith.
- Use the regular Vault to transfer D2I items. You can distinguish the [?] by their Tag names.
As the name suggests, D2I is built upon the Immortal Throne expansion, so use it with normal TQ at your own peril. Loading it over a modded base game is possible, and usually works, but do so at your own risk. Camera mods etc. are fine.
Though D2I does fix many issues of the original game by itself, and all files it does include are of the latest version, it is also (generally) recommended that you get the Bugfix Fanpatch.
If you like this mod, please rate it to spread the word.
Also, come visit our subforum at Titanquest.net