Run. Think. Shoot. Live. Source.
Black Mesa is the Half-Life 2 total conversion of the original Half-Life game. Utilizing the Source engine and its endless array of possibilities and powers, Black Mesa will throw you into the world that started the Half-Life continuum and introduced Gordon Freeman to the world as a gun-toting, bullet-dodging Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics.
Prepare for an experience that you will find Nostalgic, exciting and fresh.
Posted by lodle on Sep 14th, 2012
Prepare for an experience that you will find Nostalgic, exciting and fresh. Black Mesa is a re-envisioning of Valve Software's seminal game Half-Life. You will re-visit the inaugural role of Gordon Freeman and his memorable journey through the Black Mesa Research Facility.
Expect tremendously detailed environments to explore, a huge cast of characters and experimental weaponry. All-new music, voice acting, choreography and added dialogue give way to a more expansive and immersive experience than ever before. In a nutshell, play Half-life the way we think it was meant to be played!
Once part 1 and 2 have been downloaded rename the files to include this format blackmesa.zip.001 for part one and blackmesa.zip.002 for part 2. Extract and copy files into sourcemods/BMS in your steamapps directory.
- Play for FREE! You need not purchase anything!
- 8-10 Hours of single-player gameplay, up to the Lambda Core chapter.
- Feast your eyes on over 2,000 custom Models and 5,000 custom textures – more than HL2!
- Experience over 2,000 choreographed scenes and over 6,500 lines of dialogue from all new voice acting!
- Subtitles in English, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, German, and Finnish!
- Immerse yourself in an all new soundtrack and over 2,300 custom sound effects!
- Feel the impact of custom systems such as the Face Creation System, Custom Gib System, Deathcam and more.