I work in telecommuncations by day and make games by night. Currently polishing up the Mayan Mystery game and putting together some content for it on the site.
So, it's been about a year since the release of my first game, Adventure Apes and the Mayan Mystery.
There have been a bunch of fixes along the way, but two big ones that kept popping up were the lack of gamepad controls, and the overall performance on some computers. I was really hesitant for the longest time, because making the game from scratch (and learning along the way!), took 4+ years of my time, and by the end, I was feeling pretty burned out.
I really just want the players to have a game that they enjoy, and so went back in recently to tweak the code and overall construction of the game to make it a better experience. What a pain in the butt it was! My code was a real mish-mash of confusion and chaos, but after a few weeks of working on the thing, can say that it is FINALLY done!
I ended up adding a feature, while removing another. So, along with gamepad support, you get rapid fire capabilities. Along the way, I figured that lifting up the stones in the beginning of the game really served no purpose in the later stages, so that was removed. It gives the player a chance to work on avoiding the few enemies, and practice their timing with jumps before getting into the meat of the game.
The files are being updated on Desura as I type this, but they are also available direct through my website. Either way, I hope you give the new version of the game a try!