Hi there everyone! I am MaceCrusherMadunusus, I started modding roughtly 8 years ago on a game called Star Wars: Jedi Knight Jedi Academy. I joined the Movie Battles II team in order to create many new, unique, and interactive locations as well as to update some existing levels. Soon after, the sequel to Movie Battles II, Movie Battles II was started, and I am now working within UDK to create some more epic Movie Battles locations!
I have done a partial mini-revamp to Jabba. This includes parts of the map which were originally planned for a JabbaV2. Many areas are also left out, as they are unfinished. So pretty much, I just put the finished changes into the current Jabba, while leaving the others for potential future updates. This is the result.
There are only a few minor visual changes, most of the changes are behind the scenes in the form of brushwork and VIS. (The map is a mess)
So, here are pictures of the visual changes. The first few pictures you will see the big room in main has a lot more cover, and is a lot less open. The second set of pictures shows the area just outside of the door to the rancor pit. Instead of the mini-cantina looking area, it is now more of a cave with flames to light it up.
Here is a list of the CURRENT changes. A few more may happen during testing, you never know.
- Added more spawns to Rebels. There are now 32 initial spawns to prevent telefrags.
- Added more spawns to Imperials. There are now 64 initial spawns to prevent telefrags and crashes.
- Added 60 second delay for initial Rebel spawn change to prevent flanking right off the bat.
- Added new new pillars to the area in main to add cover and variety.
- Added a new room outside of rancors pit, that looks more authentic.
- Fixed a few wallbugs
- Fixed a few areaportals
- Fixed the cooking area in kitchen
- Slightly updated lighting
- Revamped brushwork in the main area, so that it aligns to the grid, and is easier to modify for later.
- Revamped VIS stage, less detail brushes, more efficient structurals, and hint brushes