Zombie Grinder is the debut game of TwinDrills, an indie game development duo made up of Tim 'Infini' Leonard and Jordan 'Jordizzle' Chewning.

It's a multi-platform (windows, mac, Linux!) (also Free!) cooperative multiplayer arcade game, reminiscent in style and gameplay of retro games like 'Zombies Ate My Neighbors' and 'Super Smash TV!', but with the added benefit of some newer game mechanics - achievements, ranking, player-customization, rpg style stats and so forth.

The game sports a variety of different game modes, from co-operative 'campaign' style levels, to wave maps and even the classic 'pvp' style game modes - deathmatch, capture the 'bag' and so forth. All of these mods are bristling with a variety of weapons and items, all lovingly displayed in Jordan's classic quirky pixel-art style.

RSS Feed New content on it's way, how would you like it?

We've got a ton of new stuff we plan to add, but aren't 100% sure if we should trickle it in over time, or make one humongous content update once it's all finished!!

Posted by Jordizzle on Apr 3rd, 2013

What up, dudes!? Jordan here with a bit of a status report on all the goings-on with good old Zombie Grinder!

Over the past few months, Tim has been very busy with the final leg of University, and I've been pulled onto several commercial art teams, so if you haven't noticed, new content hasn't been terribly frequent. While that's bad news for the time being, I have some very good news!

Tim will be graduating soon, and will have a bit more freedom to dedicate to the project in his spare time. Also due to the nature of my graphic jobs, I've had the ability to take time off of my 9-5, thus putting me in front of my computer a lot more. When I wind down from projects so I don't get burnt out, I normally work on other projects. My current headliner features sprites that are roughly 6x as large as Zombie Grinders', so I've found myself concepting tons of new weapons, zombies, and game modes for the game!!!

The thing with concepting is, they are currently just ideas. I do plan on integrating all of the guns and zombies I've recently posted, but that's where my current dilemma lies.

Would you rather see new weapons, zombies and game modes trickled in, or released in 1 huge content pack once I'm 100% done with them?

At the moment, I'm finishing 1 or 2 weapons and/or hats a week but at this rate it'll be a few months before it's all done. Trickling means new stuff to play with more frequently, but big content patch means basically new game all at once.

Tim thinks trickling, so we're leaning towards that, but I do love me really cool big content patches... Anyways, it's a matter I've had on my mind the past few days, between sleep and work! :P

We both appreciate all of your continued support even when we are super-busy to the point where we can't pay much mind to working on the game. You guys are truly awesome :D!!!!

Take care, and here's to another awesome year of Zombie Grinding!!!

Love, Jordan!

Comments
Kuznetsovsky
Kuznetsovsky Apr 3 2013, 8:23am said:

I'd say trickling too ^^

However, releasing a huge update once it's finished also has its charm...but I guess from users' perspective is better to go getting more and more content on the go :p

olvimasta
olvimasta Apr 3 2013, 9:46am said:

I'd say trickle too. You don't wanna go all-in on updates unless its an entire revamp of a game, a servicepack or an official expansion. Planetside 2 launcher had me download 4.2 gb before I could play one time in february lol. Also its forced 1-2 gb patches on its users after that also.

I think you'd handle the feedback much smoother if you divide it over a longer period of time (weekly updates, perhaps?) the releasing of the updates. Otherwise you'd get a sea of bug complaints or suggestions over the same period.

Love zombiegrinder, wish you all my best <3

franko58
franko58 Apr 3 2013, 2:20pm said:

I'd also prefer trickling just like Kuznetsovsky and olvimasta. As it kind of builds us up to something grand , or at least something great , or well something.It also keeps certain players playing as they'll be happy to know that maybe next month they'll be an update and the month after that and so on.

Keep up with the good work Tim and Jordan. c:

Bicell
Bicell Apr 4 2013, 10:40pm said:

Trickle a little whilst saving up enough to release a big content patch after a month and a few weeks; I'm a genius, I know.

0 votes     reply to
p0wd3rd
p0wd3rd Apr 7 2013, 12:14am said:

Do an "expansion pack". **** this piddly "microtransaction" mindset.

Rjtheperson
Rjtheperson Apr 7 2013, 9:52am said: +3 votes     reply to
Mavric
Mavric Apr 8 2013, 3:30pm said:

Sure yeah a trickle but mother of god not to slow of a trickle, maybe like a couple splashes over a short period of time.

sudzzuds
sudzzuds Apr 8 2013, 7:10pm said:

I think what most people are worried is that a prolonged absence of updates means that the devs are no longer working on the game - but I think most people who can post here realize that this is the nature of such small games like this. Now, if everyone else can understand this...

As for me, it doesn't really matter to me which one you choose - I will end up trickling in maps anyways whenever I feel like it or whenever I figure out the bits and pieces of the script...

AGuyCalledSpyke
AGuyCalledSpyke Apr 13 2013, 8:53am said:

It's always fun to trickle updates, but if you've got a load of things that could go together in a large, themed update that's always fun - think Team Fortress 2 bundling weapons, maps and the like together in an update.

ReptileHand