Set in a futuristic cartoon-like world where rocketlauncher-wielding pigs and lasergun-carrying cyberpunks roam the streets, Warsow is a completely free fast-paced first-person shooter (FPS) for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. Speed and movement, that's what Warsow is all about. Like a true cyberathlete you jump, dash, dodge and walljump your way through the game. Grab those power-ups before your enemy does, plant the bomb before anyone sees you, and steal the enemy's flag before anyone knows what's going on! A handful of popular gametypes come shipped with Warsow, like Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, Clan Arena, Instagib and Duel. Warsow invites you to add to this list, by creating your own custom gametypes with the brand new gametype scripting system!
Please post all support issues in the forums for the game.
After 7 years in beta, the game finally hits the 1.0 milestone!
Posted by Vic_mm on Jul 29th, 2012
The big new thing in Warsow 1.0 is the web-side profiles which shows stats, awards, friend lists, match history, and even demo download. There's also many other changes, including a huge amount of polish for those who are familiar with the older versions.
Here's a shorter version of the changelog:
- Weapons and armour system tuned for improved competitive gameplay.
- Removed weak ammo system.
- Octagon hitboxes for consistent hitbox size from all angles.
- Improved team play with on-screen teammate indicators and improved mumble support.
- New duel and Bomb&Defuse maps (wdm11, wdm16, wdm17, wbomb6).
- All maps have gone through considerable optimizations!
- Global statistics together with match result saving, demo downloads and skillrating (completely optional!).
- Improved community features such as built-in IRC client, in-game news and friends lists.
- The engine now better utilizes GPU capabilities to render animated skeletal models, allowing massive battles without FPS drops.
- Drasticly improved map loading speeds and performance.
- New "e-sports" gfx features such as r_drawflat to give your own personalized wall and floor colours in any map and possibility to disable all colours from lightmaps.
- New easier and more modern user interface which is fully customizable and scriptable with html/css/js - style syntax!
- Improved shoutcasting abilities like OGG stream support for Warsow TV, chase cameras and support for spectator-only hud.
- Read the full changelog at Warsow.net