A voxel based adventure and RPG. Vox is a highly customizable game where you can create, destroy, edit and build anything you desire. The whole world, every item and object within it, and even the characters and inhabitants of Vox are created using a custom 'Voxel Engine' that allows for an unparalleled level of creativity.

Come and explore your imagination!

RSS Feed Vox Released on Desura

A new voxel based adventure and creation game with a focus on player created content.

Posted by Protektor on Sep 12th, 2012

A new voxel based adventure and creation game. Big focus on player created content such as characters, items, weapons, monsters, NPCs, quests, etc.

Desura Digital Distribution

Enjoy Vox and many other great games on Desura.

Comments
Pspjoker
Pspjoker Sep 13 2012, 12:48am buried:

(buried)

totally a copy of minecraft. what noobs

-25 votes     reply to
KryptCeeper969
KryptCeeper969 Sep 13 2012, 1:07am replied:

read the description...not a copy of minecraft, its a VOXEL rpg...what a noob :P

Leonkr9
Leonkr9 Sep 13 2012, 3:10am replied:

damn you desura only leting us dislike once

.JAS
.JAS Sep 13 2012, 4:39am replied:

Sigh...

Roh
Roh Sep 13 2012, 12:44pm replied:

It's hard to believe someone is.. ah.... Unintelligent enough to make this comment with any seriousness. I'm leaning toward thinking it's a troll. Which is worse.

darkelf1
darkelf1 Sep 13 2012, 3:39am said:

nice........

3dSteve
3dSteve Sep 13 2012, 11:31am said:

Most games are a copy of another, who cares. By that logic you could say all FPS games are a copy of wolfenstien or what ever came before that and that MC is a copy of infiminer. Doesnt matter if its similar, if it brings something new to gaming im all for it. I personally want to see more games using voxel engines so the more the merrier.

Roh
Roh Sep 13 2012, 12:47pm said:

I like the engine but I am not seeing enough about the game itself. What is the point? I personally won't remain interested in just making things that have no restrictions, requirements, or real use. What goals are there?

What is the game about?

AlwaysGeeky
AlwaysGeeky Sep 13 2012, 1:00pm replied:

Hi Roh, thanks for your comment. I totally get what you mean, there is a lot more to Vox than just creating... I must admit though that I am guilty of focusing quite heavily on the creation side of the game since I know a lot of people are excited about those features, but as you rightly said... not everyone wants to create stuff.

Aside from creation, the game will offer lots more in the way of traditional action and RPG gameplay elements, you will have a character that you gain experience with, level up.. increase stats.. you will interact with NPCs, do quests for them, kill monsters, explore dungeons, boss battles, etc etc... there is a lot more to the creation side of this game, but the creation part is what makes this unique.. kinda in a "create your own adventure" sort of way...

Well I hope that helps and answers your question.
Cheers.

Nernums
Nernums Sep 13 2012, 3:13pm replied:

I was playing a test version the other night off of IndieDb and sort of ran into the issue as well, theres a fair bit of potential here certainly, but until more of the main game is available it is sort of glossed over.

Designing your own weapons is quite interesting, although it would be even more interesting if each voxel on the weapon would add weight, as well as damage, to the weapon.

Perhaps considerations of voxel types as well, Wood is much lighter than steel for example, I have some more thoughts on this if you'd like to speak over PM AlwaysGeeky, things like swing speed being affected by voxel count on an axis to simulate wind resistance

Roh
Roh Sep 16 2012, 11:48am replied:

That it does! Though I maybe didn't represent things properly. I am a bit excited about your creation options too. I was just hoping there was more to it. And there seems it is. Thank you for taking the time to respond!

formerlyknownasMrCP
formerlyknownasMrCP Sep 13 2012, 6:39pm said:

@PspJoker: cause everyone knows notch invented voxels. *sarcasm*