UFHO2 is a competitive turn-based game of wits. Half strategy, half board game, all fun.
• Story Mode, with 10 unique planets, for a total of 30+ matches.
• An endless Online Multiplayer mode, with cross-platform goodness (even with the iPad) - friends cannot hide behind platform-related excuses!
• An even more endless Local Multiplayer mode - outwitting your friends is more fun when you can see the disappointment in their eyes.
• 10 different alien races to unlock, each with its own in-game power - several guests from other indie games (World of Goo, Super Crate Box, Bit.Trip, Blocks That Matter, Gish, Cortex Command)
• A wonderful original soundtrack, by composer Francesco D'Andrea.
Being in Alpha state, some features are still under development.
• Local multiplayer up to 4
• Full AI
• All characters, all powerups
• A tutorial on the basics
What is going to be in:
• All the other Story Mode levels
• Online multiplayer
• Account creation
After a long wait, UFHO2 is finally available on Desura Alphafunding at 40% off the regular price.
Posted by CiroContinisio on Mar 5th, 2013
After 9 months in development, we finally launched UFHO2 on Desura Alphafunding! You have the chance to get it now at 40% off while in alpha/beta stage, and of course this purchase will become the full version when it becomes available.You can get it for PC, Mac and Linux! Nobody's left out!
What's this "alpha100"?
This version of the game is called alpha100, and will be the base for the progress that will lead to version 1.0. Future alpha builds will be called alpha101, alpha102, and so on...Speaking of features, here's the changelog as it appears in the Desura build:
Added Commander palace stage
Added Void stage
Added a 2 seconds waiting time before starting the turn for the AI
Added a Quit button in the main menu
Added full galaxy map with missions submenu
Added interface animations in the main menu
Changed the banner for the resolution dialog
Changed the black overlay so now it's shown on the very first turn as well
Changed the maximum player number for the Downed UFHO stage at two players
Changed the menu so it goes back to the last option after a match
Changed the stage selector in Local Match
Fixed the audio bug in the main menu
As you can see, there's a couple of new stages to try in local multiplayer (both more or less dedicated to Commander Video), some tweaks to make the game more smooth, and a taste of what is to come in the story mode.
The game went live yesterday, and I already patched it once (it sported a nice game-breaking bug in one stage). I hope nobody encountered the bug yet, but anyway the guys at Desura were quick in getting the patch on the system during the night.
If you backed UFHO2 during our Kickstarter campaign to receive the access to the alpha version (which means, 55$ and up) you already have a Desura key waiting in your inbox. Check the email (check the spam folder if you don't see it!) or log into Desura with the same email you used during the campaign, and you will get the game.