TRI is a first-person 3D game with environmental puzzles and an immersive atmosphere. Experimentation is the key, thus players can create their own geometry to solve puzzles and reach hidden places in weird constructions.
* freestyle 3D platformer
* build triangles to overcome abysses, reach unknown places, and walk on the walls and the ceiling
* reflect light rays, dangerous lasers and floating spirit creatures
* explore the halls and dungeons of TRI, collect treasures and solve puzzles
With the new version for the alpha of TRI, you get two additional levels, a jumping monk and the ability to run!
Posted by kaskade on Apr 22nd, 2013
Dear fan of the triangle,
we are pleased to announce that the new update 0.2.1 for TRI is live and can be downloaded now. As already said before, this will be the last version with the low price of $4.99 only. We currently scheduled version 0.3 (the STORY update) for end of May, and that one will come with a price increase!
Now, for the AMAZE-ing update we have some new stuff, especially worth mentioning two new levels. The first one let's you walk on walls and ceilings a lot, and has windmills and a glimpse on the floating ghosts (the Kami). The second one re-introduces light rays and acid pits. If you already owned and played the TRI alpha, for your convience you can play the new levels directly - but don't miss the enhances in the other levels! For example, we added the monk in the tutorial level, mainly for demonstration purposes (as he doesn't talk much right now).
And you can finally run now. This was the feature requested by most people so far. :-P Unfortunately, this changed the balance of the gameplay a bit where it wasn't wanted. On the bright side, if you have to walk up a long wall you will need far less triangles now, as you can run quite a while on the wall after leaving a triangle until you fall down again. (Just try it!)
The complete changelist for the AMAZE-ing update:
- Fixed NullReference in output_log.txt regarding save files
- Fixed the feedback functionality (via F11), should work always now
- Added possibility to use/activate/pick stuff with Left Click
- Fixed rotating box in level 7 ("Reluctance")
- Changed savestate fileformat, saves from 0.2.0a and before not usable anymore
- Removed GUI key statues in the top right corner for the first level
- Added possibility to sprint via Left Shift key
- Improved visuals/gameplay of some of the levels, changed tutorial a bit
- Added option (in tab "Performance") to disable fullscreen antialiasing
- Fixed a glitch with climbing on slopes
- Fixed the minor issue of antiwalls playing sounds even when not activated
- Added two levels, introducing (again) light rays, acid and autosave
- Added an NPC with simple behaviour for demonstration purposes
You may wonder why we call this update the AMAZE-ing update. From April, 24th to 27th we will be in Berlin, visiting the AMAZE IndieConnect! We will meet other indie developers and give a talk about why and how to limit your game in a healthy way. So, if you want to talk to us in person, this might be your chance. :-)
And now for some more screenshots of the new TRI levels: