The Tank Game is a top down arena shooter featuring a diverse set of items (abilities and weapons) each with their own unique uses and properties.
Quick thinking and planning are greatly rewarded. Figuring out how to use the items you are currently holding in order to turn a situation in your favor will be far more important than just having a steady aim.
Much like the quake and unreal games of old all items spawn periodically on the map rather than simply being given to you on spawning. You must therefore control and efficiently utilize these resources while also attempting to deny them to your opponents in order to prevail.
The game has a strong emphasis on multiplayer and you can play with up to 5 friends on one PC in local multiplayer or CO-OP vs AI bots. Online and LAN play for more players is also supported.
If you like the look of this game please also consider giving it a thumbs up vote on Steam Greenlight!! (under Official Page on the top right)
The Tank Game version 0.9.2 released : Co-op playable online and via LAN, Rebalanced difficulty, New maps, Master server testing and more!
Posted by ttgdev on May 19th, 2012
The major addition in this second update is the ability to play through the co-op stages with a friend online or over LAN. This was requested by a couple of people who were previously unable to play the co-op mode due to it requiring you to use multiple controllers on one computer.
Based on the feedback I've received the difficulty of the arena modes playing against the AI has been made more gradual. This should allow players more time to experiment with and learn the functions of each of the weapons.
I am now running a master server which should allow players to be able to view and join each others games online. Please PM about any experiences you have playing online using this feature or about any problems you encounter, good or bad any feedback is much appreciated!!
0.9.2 changes list
- Co-op arena mode is now playable online and via LAN
- Players can now browse and join online games from a list received from a master server
- Added 7 single player arena stages
- Added 8 co-op player arena stages
- Increased the number of AI difficulty levels from 8 to 14
- Altered difficulty curve to be more gradual in all arena modes
- Arena and mission rankings based on completion times are more forgiving
- Fixed a crash that could occur while a stunned tank tried to ram
- Fixed a selection bug in both LAN and online game browsers
- Fixed bug where team scores were de-synced in a network game
- A number of maps have been redesigned