The Tank Game is an arena shooter featuring a diverse set of abilities and weapons.
Figuring out how to use the items you are currently holding in order to turn a situation in your favour will be far more important than just having a steady aim. Much like the quake and unreal games of old items re-spawn periodically on the map rather than being given to you upon spawning. You must control these resources while also attempting to deny them to your opponents in order to prevail.
The game has a strong emphasis on multiplayer and you can play with up to 5 friends on one PC in head to head multiplayer or CO-OP modes. Online and LAN play for more players is also supported.
- This game is currently in development, so is the name... If you have any questions please ask!-
The Tank Game Patch 0.9.5 : Drop pods, menus and maps
Posted by ttgdev on Jul 19th, 2012
Patch 0.9.5 contains mostly visual and animation changes one of the most noticeable being a new tank spawning animation. Tanks now spawn from drop pods that fall through the screen and crash onto the map below. The shadows of the falling pods give an indication of where a tank will spawn before its pod actually lands on-screen. The tank death animation has also been replaced with a more detailed and snappy explosion effect.
Other changes include a new look for menus, bug fixes and new maps.
0.9.5 change log
- Added new drop pod based tank spawning animation
- Added new more detailed tank death animation
- Added new borders and backgrounds for menu elements
- Added several new smaller maps for 1v1 play
- Added game hints and info on the main menu screen
- Added timer in single player and coop stages showing how much time you have left to obtain a certain rank
- Added option to turn off menu borders and backgrounds
- Added option to use the old simple spawning animation
- Improved slightly the peformance of the dynamic drawing graphics option
- Improved the appearance of tanks in the menu screens
- Changed some existing map designs
- Fixed when playing in windowed mode selecting another window other than the game's does no longer causes a drop in fps
- Fixed tanks from the last played game no longer show up in the level editor
- Fixed when viewing a replay tank tracks are no longer drawn between a pair of teleporters when a tank goes through them
- Fixed menu transition animations not being aligned properly on control binding menus