Syder Arcade is a free scrolling, multi directional shoot 'em up, an uncompromised old-school experience, furious, challenging, straightforward. This game will bring you back in time, when bulky starships were cool and games were about player skill and swearing madly at your computer.
Two months after Syder Arcade release, we are ready to announce a new patch and a sale to celebrate Studio Evil first birthday!
Posted by [seya] on May 31st, 2012
It's been a long time since our last update here. Syder Arcade has been released two months ago and what came next has been as hard as working on the game. We made a trailer and we contacted the press; when you are at your first game and your name sounds unfamiliar to the most, the work to do is definitely a lot. We took part to different events and giveaways and finally we got our first reviews. Here you are some of them:
Syder Arcade is an hard game. We really wanted to take the most from our retro inspiration, even when it forced us to break some taboos. Neverthless, we listened really carefully to our players feedback and released two updates. Now we are glad to announce a third update, who will bring some changes in the game balance. You can find the full changelog here .
Finally, to celebrate first Studio Evil birthday Syder Arcade will be 25% off from July 1 until July 7 here on Desura! Grab your copy of the game!
Our personal birthday gift? A list of gameplay notes and on how to beat the game:
- Syder Arcade it designed to play like a game from the 90′. It is very challenging.
- No, it’s more challanging than that. Survival mode is a good training.
- There are almost no patterns, instant reactions and reflexes are the key.
- Key powerups are not random but enemy placement is not always predictable.
- Using “hyperspeed” and “flip” you can outmaneuver your enemies in dangerous situations.
- Multiple kills increase you score multipier. Special weapons are charged by score.
- Special weapons are good at multiple kills.