Syder Arcade is a free scrolling, multi directional shoot 'em up, an uncompromised old-school experience, furious, challenging, straightforward. This game will bring you back in time, when bulky starships were cool and games were about player skill and swearing madly at your computer.
Check out the list of fixes and changes in our first patch.
Posted by [seya] on Apr 13th, 2012
In the first week after the release of Syder Arcade we focused our attention on the comments and the feedback we received. Some of bugs have been found so we decided to prepare a first big patch to have everything fixed. We also decided to take the opportunity to add a new difficulty level, a little easier than the default one. Here follows the complete changelog.
- Added a new difficulty level "Young Gun". Easier than Arcade, it is now selected by default;
- Small interface tweaks to have better results at lower resolutions;
- Fixed a bug that was displaying a black screen instead of the briefing screen between campaign levels;
- Fixed a bug that in some instances locked the game to a black screen when exiting game menus;
- A simple "loading" screen is now displayed while loading;
- Fixed a bug that killed the player instantly while moving trough exploding enemies;
- Fixed a bug that provided the player invulnerability after being killed while shielded;
- Fixed a bug that enabled an invisible mouse in the main menu. Mouse is now disabled;
- Fixed a bug that consumed all your charges every time you activated a special weapon;
- Wasp balance tweaks, increased firepower but decreased armor even more;
- Mule balance tweaks, gravity well duration is now consistent at 6 seconds;
- Dart balalnce tweaks, it is now harder to gain a charge of ovelroad beam;
- Extra life is now granted at 40.000 points in Young Gun and Arcade difficulty levels;
- Level 2 The Road No Taken: slight tweaks to enemy placement and powerup spawns;
- Level 3 Starship Down: improved powerup and enemy spawns, it's shorter and has a boss at the end;
- Level 4 Unfinished Business: enemy ships are now slightly more resistant.