Survivors of Ragnarök is a city-building-management-survival game inspired by Dwarf Fortress. Manage, create, and survive through dynamic and deadly worlds. Losing is a fundamental core aspect of design.

RSS Feed Survivors of Ragnarök - One X Shy of Being NSFW

Now featuring Fog of War, Time of Day Bar, Tutorials, Tooltips, and more!

Posted by Tastyrice on Jul 19th, 2012

Desura Digital Distribution

Short Version: Alpha 20

Long Version: So what’s new now we have grown out of our formative and awkward teenage years? Quite a lot. Now this just might be a personal bias but SoR is shaping out to be pretty damn nice.

Metaphorically Alpha 20 is a coming of age for us as much of the game is slowly leaving that “WTF am I playing.” stage to an “Oh I get it now.” state. Fog of war and in-game tutorial are just one of the many highlights of of Alpha 20.

• Added Tooltips.
  • Added Tutorial Slideshow.
  • Added Fog of War.
  • Added New GUI for time of day and other options.
  • Added New traditional intro menu buttons.
  • Added Cobblestone, dirt and wood blocks are now craftable.
  • Fixed Flying cows used to caused a crash.

As always don't forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Desura, IndieDB, Blogger, and Steam! You can now subscribe to our Pixel Pushers Podcast on iTunes!

TwitterFacebookDesuraIndieDBBlogspotSteamiTunes
The Kitchen

Comments
JarroFire
JarroFire Jul 20 2012, 4:43am said:

Nice Work Keep it up :)

Ominus
Ominus Jul 20 2012, 6:11pm said:

I'm new to games on desura so don't hate me, but how do I update or does desura do that automatically once they've cleared the update for release? And I must say this is a very interresting game and play style. Never really got into dwarf fortress myself so this is new for me heheh

raptorfangamer
raptorfangamer Jul 21 2012, 12:02pm replied:

Once the update is ready the game will have some sort of circle icon near its status, that indicates an update, there you are prompted with a pop-up window with the changelog and the options to update or not.

garrettcolas
garrettcolas Jul 21 2012, 12:20pm replied:

For the most recent releases, the Linux build has been a stand-alone build. You can download that from Desura.com in a web browser once you log in(and have the game purchased).

This is just something to keep in mind. The Windows release should just tell you an update is ready.

Ominus
Ominus Jul 21 2012, 4:32pm said:

Ah, thanks for the explanation of how desura handles updates guys! The wait for the update is on! :D

MichaelMalice
MichaelMalice Jul 29 2012, 3:52am said:

Is this Alpha out yet??? I bought the game yesterday but Im still on a17.01 where do I update ?

cheers