A cross-platform action puzzle game inspired by the classic arcade title Snake. Take control of a snake-like creature in an abstract world to consume food while avoiding obstacles in over 100 levels. In order to challenge both your mental prowess and physical reflexes, Snayke's levels utilize unique mechanics such as teleporters, exploding blocks, obstacles, 'links' between food blocks, and more.
In addition to level-based gameplay, Snayke includes "Classic" mode, a game type more reminiscent of the original Snake - the only goal is to beat previous high scores by consuming as much food as possible without dying. Classic mode supports optional 2-4 player competitive local multiplayer with either AI bots or real people.
Bugfixes, tweaks, more bugfixes, and an official soundtrack! Oh my!
Posted by slime73 on Oct 15th, 2012
Snayke version 1.1 has been released. There are no new major feature additions, however many bugs and other issues have been addressed.
- Added bombs to random powerup spawns when powerup setting is enabled in classic multiplayer mode
- Added graphics workaround for systems which don't support subtractive blend mode
- Changed bots in classic multiplayer to wait a short time (based on bot difficulty) before acquiring a new destination when the current one is invalidated
- Changed game settings to default to windowed mode
- Changed resolution detection to only allow fullscreen resolutions with ratios 1 < ratio < 2 and sizes below 3000x2000
- Fixed classic multiplayer matches waiting for key input after the first round
- Fixed intro accidentally being enabled when shaders aren't supported
- Fixed 'Open Folder' buttons not opening the correct subfolder in windows
- Fixed replay save button in gameover menus being enabled when exiting level which hasn't started yet
- Fixed self-replenishing blocks in replays
- Fixed rare sorting error in classic multiplayer mode with bots
- Fixed transition from menu to ingame when using the Restart button after a classic multiplayer match
- Optimized drawing blocks which have no links
- Optimized level restart code
- Tweaked level auto-restart fade time
- Tweaked level order in section 5
- Tweaked spawn rate of powerups in classic mode when powerup setting is enabled
- Tweaked some default level completion times
Anton Riehl, the game's composer, has recently released the full soundtrack for Snayke on his website. Cover art is included as playable in-game levels! Check it out.