Really Big Sky! A super fast, twin analogue shooter for the modern age!

Way over in the big void of space live some aliens. They coveted [your planet] and would do anything to live there themselves. So what's [your planet] to do? Yeah, blast through them all! Face off against waves of enemies, bosses, big laser planets, blackholes, wormholes, giant lasers, planets and asteroids across 11 game modes!

Everything is procedurally generated from the way YOU play the game, from attack patterns, strength of bosses and enemies, pacing between waves, generosity of bonuses... etc!

Features a comprehensive statistics system to let you hone your mad laser skills!

RSS Feed The 'Really Big' Bundle Is Here!

Indie Royale third bundle "The Really Big Bundle" has gone live! Get in quick to snatch a great deal!

Posted by Henley on Nov 30th, 2011

Firstly we'd like to thank you again for our success to date, with almost 70,000 bundles and over 350,000  games sold in less than a month. We're proud to debut our third bundle -- including five top PC indie games, available at IndieRoyale.com right now. (Those with preorders can download or redeem keys at any time.)

The 'Really Big Bundle' is led by the title that gave the bundle its name - Boss Baddie's crazed space shooter Really Big Sky, packing a whopping 12 game modes and local 4-player coop into its beefy, feature-filled frame.

Also now revealed as part of this bundle is Dutch developer Mystic Box's underappreciated Runespell Overture (also available on Mac for bundle buyers), an RPG twinning collectible cards with poker-based combat in extremely playable and innovative fashion.

Additionally part of the bundle is the the PC version of Independent Games Festival finalist Eufloria (formerly known as Dyson), an acclaimed 'ambient space exploration' title that's been a staple of independent game showcases over the past couple of years.

And finally, Zeboyd Games' cult indie RPG duo Cthulhu Saves The World and Breath Of Death VII - twinning Lovecraft-ian spoof with Japanese RPG pastiche of the finest sort - complete the five titles in the 'Really Big Bundle'.

Those who preordered, as well as those pay more and get a 'Star' to drop the price during the bundle will also receive a bonus 'thank you' in the form of Fez composer Disasterpeace's chiptune concept music album 'Rise Of The Obsidian Interstellar'. (In addition, all Bundle buyers should check back towards the end of the bundle for further bonuses from the creators of the games included in this pack!)

Once again, thanks for caring about some of the emerging titles we're taking the time to showcase here - please contact us if you have an questions about anything to do with Indie Royale.

And don't forget you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook and via Widgets + RSS for breaking news and info about this and other Indie Royale bundles.

Comments
Katana_
Katana_ Nov 30 2011, 3:21am said:

I'm sorry, but no Linux, no buy, guys.

Big_Bone
Big_Bone Nov 30 2011, 8:00pm replied:

I don't think anyone would expect you to buy it if you cant use it.

joshino
joshino Nov 30 2011, 9:12pm replied:

Too true! Haha, this made me laugh and hit a good point too.

Katana_
Katana_ Nov 30 2011, 9:48pm replied:

Oh, I dual boot Windows and could buy it. Thing is, the lack of Linux versions being offered is a true dealbreaker for me.
I want to be able to move away from Windows as a gaming platform, not be chained to it.

So, as a consumer, I simply won't pay for Windows-exclusive games anymore. If you want to keep me as a customer, you'll have to cater to me.

...And I suspect I'm not alone in this regard.

dave_5430
dave_5430 Dec 1 2011, 7:34pm buried:

(buried)

Too bad nobody gives a damn.

Nobody's telling you or the other people to buy it, there's enough where you came from.

-10 votes     reply to
rioninja
rioninja Dec 2 2011, 4:33am replied:

No need to be a jerk. Maybe you don't care, but a lot of developers do. Especially since Desura if finally giving devs an easy way to sell games to Linux users. What's the problem with Linux users asking for a little love?

Wizardum
Wizardum Nov 30 2011, 3:36am said:

I got it! Awesome work guys!

Neo
Neo Nov 30 2011, 3:40am said:

I preordered bundle, but I see no Linux this time.
Why don't they use this money to port the games?

moci
moci Nov 30 2011, 5:06am replied:

They recently mentioned that the money coming in isn't that much, so spending it all again just to make some ports might be too much to ask. Porting isn't cheap, I assume.

Why don't they just select games that are already cross platform?

staz42
staz42 Dec 1 2011, 3:36pm replied:

Note that's what they did for VVVVVV in the HIB, it was in flash and they ported it to C++

edit : sorry Reply was intented for Merkoth

Merkoth
Merkoth Nov 30 2011, 10:03am replied:

Some games just can't be ported. Really Big Sky, for example, is powered by Multimedia Fusion, so the only way to port it to Linux would be to rewrite from scratch with some other tool.

DarkOnyx
DarkOnyx Nov 30 2011, 3:58am said:

Awww I preordered the bundle ... and I really love it, that and Rise Of The Obsidian Interstellar!<3

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Nov 30 2011, 6:35am said:

Can you please stop the flood of stupid Indie bundles? It's just too many in too short time. You don't have to be a expert in economics to figure out why the money income doesn't meet the expectations. It's just too many in too short time. Stop milking the bundle-cow, for the good of you and us.

Tottel
Tottel Nov 30 2011, 8:21am replied:

Exactly.

Reqieumthefallen
Reqieumthefallen Nov 30 2011, 11:53am said:

For once the indie bundle actually has nothing I want. Never thought that would happen. Next thing you know, Steam will finally actually get giftcards like everyone's been waiting for.

Awesome_ninja
Awesome_ninja Nov 30 2011, 4:57pm said:

As Paradigmthefallen said, this bundle is a dissapointment... Not only it's been only a few weeks since the last one, but on top of that there was yet another HIB in that time frame, and this Really "Big" bundle contains most games featured in last year's indie bundles on Steam, without anything particularly interesting. Sorry, but that's a no-buy for me. And hell! Skyrim and Saint Row 3 released recently. Bad timing, and too many bundles is the problem here

ZPavelZ
ZPavelZ Dec 1 2011, 11:35am said:

Hmmmm... you know what? I actually like this bundle more than the previous one from Indie Royale. That one had some neat games, but I heard of and do (did) want games from this bundle much more. The only problem for me was that I bought Zeboyd twin-pack only on Sunday as it was on Steam black-friday sale. However, I also discovered that Steam does affect the performance of my old laptop considerably, so paying a little more for DRM-free versions seemed not entirely unreasonable. I also wanted Runespell, even was tempted to buy it on Steam. And now I have it! Besides, Eufloria (aka Dyson) and Really Big Sky are not bad games at all.
Surely, the addition of Dungeons of Dredmore made HB much more epic than current IR bundle, but I am still hoping for some bonuses from IR as well that would help me justify my purchase for myself even more. :)
In general I can say - it is a good selection of games, not something I would call "REALLY BIG", but still.

slocik
slocik Dec 8 2011, 3:41pm said:

so how do i buy it ? did i miss it ? wtf

ZPavelZ
ZPavelZ Dec 9 2011, 8:21am replied:

It is already over, I am afraid. Each bundle runs for 5 days. There will be a new one relatively soon, though.

Ryukakii