Omegalodon is a third-person multiplayer action game where players compete by attacking/defending the city. The Red Team is comprised of police and soldiers armed with an array of military vehicles and explosive weaponry. The Green Team is comprised of Omegalodon, a 100-foot shark monster, and the Enviros, equipped with a healing beam. The game plays like a backward tower-defense game, but with free-roaming capability and fast-paced, realtime action.
Omegalodon's objective is a nuclear containment dome at the city center. The round will end if it is destroyed, the timer reaches zero, or if Omegalodon dies.
- Fully destructible environments
- Dozens of drivable vehicles including helicopters, cargo ships, and jets
- 30-minute round-based multiplayer
- Dozens of simultaneous players
- Story elements will full voice acting
- Nine square miles of open world, spanning islands and cityscapes
- A colorful, retro aesthetic
Omegalodon will make its Desura debut in just a few days!
Posted by NorthOfEarth on Mar 1st, 2012
It's been a long-time coming, but production is finally coming to a close. I hope the community will support this game and help North of Earth develop even grander titles in the future. As this is North of Earth's first title, things may get off to a shaky start, but rest assured that I'll be here to address any concerns.
Current release date is approximate, but it should be close. Stay tuned!