How long can you survive the post-apocalyptic wastelands of NEO Scavenger? In the near-future, supernatural activity and human warfare have fragmented mankind into pockets of civilization struggling to survive in wild and dangerous lands. You awaken alone in an abandoned facility with no food nor water, and only a hospital gown and some mysterious items as clues to your identity. NEO Scavenger is a game where you must survive in the wasteland long enough to figure out who you are. Each turn you must decide where to go, how to scavenge for supplies, and how to deal with anything and anyone you encounter. And with each passing minute, the pit in your stomach grows, your dehydration worsens, your muscles tire, and your body temperature drops in the cold autumn air. Choose your starting abilities carefully, because they and your wit are the only tools you have in the apocalypse!
New beta and demo builds to fix item duplication and crafting issues.
Posted by dcfedor on Nov 2nd, 2012
Yep! Another new build! I've just uploaded beta 0.957b and demo 0.957d. There were still a few annoying item-related bugs left from the stacking overhaul, and this build aims to fix them. The changes include:
- Fixed a bug that caused degraded items to stay in place, generating debris infinitely (e.g. endless rags).
- Fixed quick recipe bug that caused missing ingredients to be accepted.
- Fixed a bug that caused duplicated items in crafting.
- Fixed a bug that caused recipes and newspapers to randomize in crafting and save/load.
- Fixed a bug that caused Jar of Screaming Eyes to be missing in Flash build.
- Removed extra neck and ring slots, and made remaining ones allow stacked items.
Hopefully, that should stabilize gameplay enough for the weekend to be a bit safer. No drowning in rags, or extra branches/boiled water, etc.
As always, if anything else pops up or seems to be broken, let me know. And thanks for your patience with these changes!