Mort is an intern in the afterlife, working for a company that ferries souls to their final destination. Being an intern isn't all it's cracked up to be. However, when a clerical error is discovered, Mort is given the task of sorting it out. Could this be his big break?
- Fluid, automatic grapple hook mechanics. You don't need to worry about your aim, as the grapple hook automatically locks on
- Certain grapple points temporarily enhance Mort's abilities! Double jumps, switches, and more are embedded in the swing points.
- Non-linear exploration. Explore Heaven and Hell at your own pace, looking for the misplaced souls.
- Hand drawn comic book pages, for story points and stuff
- Around eight tough as nails areas planned, plus an undetermined number of HARD MODE levels
- Amazing soundtrack by Jimmy Hinson, co-composer on Mass Effect 2, and composer for multiple indie game such as Pax 10 finalist, PuzzleJuice.
- Planned level editor
A 2D side scrolling grapple hook platformer, six souls have been sent to the wrong afterlife destination.
Posted by Protektor on Aug 13th, 2012
Mort The Intern is a 2D side scrolling grapple hook platformer influenced by the likes of Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV, and Give Up Robot. Mort is an Intern for a company in the afterlife that specializes in the management of souls. When one day, it is discovered that due to a clerical error, six souls have been sent to the wrong afterlife destination (ie: sent to Hell instead of Heaven, or vice versa), he is given the unhappy task of retrieving them to sort it all out. Run, jump and swing your way through eight levels set in the abysmally unforgiving afterlife, as you seek out these missing souls, and attempt to set your boss's mistake right.