Mort is an intern in the afterlife, working for a company that ferries souls to their final destination. Being an intern isn't all it's cracked up to be. However, when a clerical error is discovered, Mort is given the task of sorting it out. Could this be his big break?
- Fluid, automatic grapple hook mechanics. You don't need to worry about your aim, as the grapple hook automatically locks on
- Certain grapple points temporarily enhance Mort's abilities! Double jumps, switches, and more are embedded in the swing points.
- Non-linear exploration. Explore Heaven and Hell at your own pace, looking for the misplaced souls.
- Hand drawn comic book pages, for story points and stuff
- Around eight tough as nails areas planned, plus an undetermined number of HARD MODE levels
- Amazing soundtrack by Jimmy Hinson, co-composer on Mass Effect 2, and composer for multiple indie game such as Pax 10 finalist, PuzzleJuice.
- Planned level editor
Animating fire isn't easy, especially for an inexperienced artist like me. Thank heavens for particle systems then!Jan 18, 2013 News
You can now play around with the rewritten Unity version of the game when you fire it up on Desura.Jan 14, 2013 News
It's been a little over three months since the last time I published anything about Mort. What caused such a lapse in updates?Jan 8, 2013 News
Do to numerous requests, Mort finally has a demo. Haven't decided if you're willing to hop in during the alpha? Now you can play the first few areas to see if you enjoy the game.Sep 18, 2012 News
Mort the intern is being rewritten. Again. For those of you keeping track, Mort has now gone from being a Flash game to being an XNA game - and now, it will be a Unity game. There are a number of benefits...Sep 7, 2012 News