McDROID is a surreal Action Tower Defense with
- mega frikkin' lasers that talk
- upgradable robots
- Gattling turret
- crop and monsters that mutate
- an economy based on giant strawberries.
- levels hand crafted like they used be.
- Cute cartoony Borderland graphics, but it's hella tough so you may have to co-op with your friends to take down that insane Mutatosaurus.
Imagine the hectic big boss fights of RTYPE combined with the smarts and resource management of Dune 2. That's McDROID, our first game, made in homage of these awesome classics.
It's original, with gorgeous cell shaded graphics, boasts 100 enemies on screen at once, the most badass weapons (linking teslas, wave canons, bot factories...) and unusually challenging enemies.
It's a tough game, not for the faint of heart and it's got co-op multiplayer.
Gatling gun sentry is now modelled and animated, here is a short deploy cycle.
Posted by Elefantopia on Jan 29th, 2013
In between level designing and getting things ready for the release, I slipped in some modeling and animation for the sentry gun. It's almost finished rigging but since it needs some shell casing and nice muzzle flash, it'll require some extra code so maybe it'll be done tomorrow. I'll post then a video of its muzzleness in action.
In the meantime, here is a video of the deploy animation.