McDROID is silly sci-fi Arcade-Strategy game inspired by RTYPE and Dune 2 where you pilot a modular robot who crash lands on planet M and saves the planet from corruption.
You can swap your turret on and off to turn your robot into an over-powered farming war battle station or lay some powerful defensive perimeter - it has the cutest cartoony monster graphics so you can die over and over and over and never get tired of seeing these mutants doing weird things.
Now on Steam Greenlight
Howdy Planet Farmers! So what have we been up to since Beta Launch ? Well we were sipping some ungodly strong cocktails on the beaches of ... uh I mean we have been feverishly working to make McDROID Co-Op super solid and tuned the visuals and sounds to bring some clarity in this crazy chaos of a game, always responding to how players react and comments. Here is our changelog and a word about the future features.
Posted by Elefantopia on Dec 7th, 2012
Howdy fellow planet farmers!
So what have we been up to since Beta Launch ? Well we were sipping some ungodly strong cocktails on the beaches of ... uh I mean we have been feverishly working to make McDROID Co-Op super solid and tuned the visuals and sounds to bring some clarity in this crazy chaos of a game, because some of our players were having a hard time.
Here is our changelog and a word about the future features.
Ah, the FUTURE, mysterious and exciting, here are a few features we are working on:
- Bestiary: see the critters which have been munching on your mechanical boots, along with a description of their mating habits.
- More customization for McDROID such as boots, moustache, bacantes and other vital items
- Pink Elephant decal (and maybe a Nyan Cat if we can clear inter-stellar custom)
- Moar levels to complete the first part of our story : we are tuning them as we speak, one hand typing this, the other one tuning the gameplay.
- Find better names for our monsters and machines.
- Faster, Better, More Fun
And now the change log:
--- 6/12/2012 Version 0.9.5 ---
- Network fixes and optimisations particularly for slower connections
- New challenge mode for level 2 (Big Fast Strawberries)
--- 4/12/2012 Version 0.9.4 ---
- Network troubleshooting - no more invisible monsters
- Level 6 - Farm Villain - balance tweaked, this level is now possible :)
- Added placeholder blueprints for the more advanced research (till we put in the proper graphics)
- Levels not (quite yet) in the build now show that they are "Coming soon"
- Fixed bug with sparks going crazy
- Tutorials made less intrusive, added research tutorial
- Lasers now burn the ground, write your name - say hi!
- Species in level listed as you land, new species have a warning icon
- Improved GUI for incoming waves
--- 26/11/2012 Version 0.9.3 ---
- Network optimisations
- Deployable bots are now loyal to their creator in co-op
- Barrels persist from normal to challenge