McDROID is a surreal Action Tower Defense with
- mega frikkin' lasers that talk
- upgradable robots
- Gattling turret
- crop and monsters that mutate
- an economy based on giant strawberries.
- levels hand crafted like they used be.
- Cute cartoony Borderland graphics, but it's hella tough so you may have to co-op with your friends to take down that insane Mutatosaurus.
Imagine the hectic big boss fights of RTYPE combined with the smarts and resource management of Dune 2. That's McDROID, our first game, made in homage of these awesome classics.
It's original, with gorgeous cell shaded graphics, boasts 100 enemies on screen at once, the most badass weapons (linking teslas, wave canons, bot factories...) and unusually challenging enemies.
It's a tough game, not for the faint of heart and it's got co-op multiplayer.
Howdy Planet Farmers! So what have we been up to since Beta Launch ? Well we were sipping some ungodly strong cocktails on the beaches of ... uh I mean we have been feverishly working to make McDROID Co-Op super solid and tuned the visuals and sounds to bring some clarity in this crazy chaos of a game, always responding to how players react and comments. Here is our changelog and a word about the future features.
Posted by Elefantopia on Dec 7th, 2012
Howdy fellow planet farmers!
So what have we been up to since Beta Launch ? Well we were sipping some ungodly strong cocktails on the beaches of ... uh I mean we have been feverishly working to make McDROID Co-Op super solid and tuned the visuals and sounds to bring some clarity in this crazy chaos of a game, because some of our players were having a hard time.
Here is our changelog and a word about the future features.
Ah, the FUTURE, mysterious and exciting, here are a few features we are working on:
- Bestiary: see the critters which have been munching on your mechanical boots, along with a description of their mating habits.
- More customization for McDROID such as boots, moustache, bacantes and other vital items
- Pink Elephant decal (and maybe a Nyan Cat if we can clear inter-stellar custom)
- Moar levels to complete the first part of our story : we are tuning them as we speak, one hand typing this, the other one tuning the gameplay.
- Find better names for our monsters and machines.
- Faster, Better, More Fun
And now the change log:
--- 6/12/2012 Version 0.9.5 ---
- Network fixes and optimisations particularly for slower connections
- New challenge mode for level 2 (Big Fast Strawberries)
--- 4/12/2012 Version 0.9.4 ---
- Network troubleshooting - no more invisible monsters
- Level 6 - Farm Villain - balance tweaked, this level is now possible :)
- Added placeholder blueprints for the more advanced research (till we put in the proper graphics)
- Levels not (quite yet) in the build now show that they are "Coming soon"
- Fixed bug with sparks going crazy
- Tutorials made less intrusive, added research tutorial
- Lasers now burn the ground, write your name - say hi!
- Species in level listed as you land, new species have a warning icon
- Improved GUI for incoming waves
--- 26/11/2012 Version 0.9.3 ---
- Network optimisations
- Deployable bots are now loyal to their creator in co-op
- Barrels persist from normal to challenge