Set in the immediate aftermath of the zombie apocalypse, Left 4 Dead's survival co-op mode lets up to four players blast a path through the swarming zombie hordes and terrifying mutant monsters. Guide your survivors across the rooftops of an abandoned metropolis, through rural ghost towns and pitch-black forests in your quest to escape a devastated Ground Zero crawling with infected enemies.
After more than 50 releases, the Blender SMD Tools have left beta. Import and export all types of SMD, compile QCs automatically and import DMX with 100% open source software!
Posted by Varsity on Jun 24th, 2011
The Blender SMD Tools enable Blender 2.58+ to import from and export to the Source engine. Unlike most other exporters, they are built with usability in mind at all times.
- One-click export
- Supports all types of SMD
- Supports DMX import
- Supports most Blender features
- Export multiple objects to one SMD
- Compile a QC automatically
- Import a whole QC at once
- Get Blender 2.58 or later
- Download the SMD Tools from Google Code
- In Blender, open ''File > User Preferences'', move to the ''Add-Ons'' tab and click ''Install Add-On'' in the bottom of the window
- Check the SMD Tools' box to enable them
- Click ''Save as Default'' to enable the tools in all Blend files
- Use the Import SMD and Export SMD operators to import or export. Search for them from the spacebar menu, go to scene properties, or use the File menu.
- Group objects to export them to the same SMD.
- Use the Scene Properties panel for export configuration. SMDs are exported to [output folder]\[subfolder]\[object].smd
- Use the Armature Properties panel to filter and batch export actions, and to more conveniently manage or create them.
Both of the new panels will start a the very bottom of the list, but can be dragged higher. The animation panel will only appear when an armature with animation data is selected.