CAN YOU GET TO THE EXIT?
KRUNCH is a quick-reflex game about escaping, survival and the fear of being closed in. KRUNCH draws inspiration from NES era gaming and has an exclusive 2-player mode for the Winnitron 1000: the indie video game cabinet. KRUNCH demands concentration, delivers fast gameplay and will test fans of games such as Mega Man and VVVVVV. KRUNCH is now available for Mac, Windows and Linux!
- 100+ levels over 4 zones.
- Challenging boss chases.
- One frantic race to freedom.
- DRM-free: no copy protection, no ads, no IAP, no upsells, nada.
- Cross-platform: compatible with Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
- made by two dudes, a musician and an artist... in coffee shops, kitchens and couches... with the support of family and friends.
- Powered by flixel
- Built with Ogmo Editor
KRUNCH can be played with gamepads and other USB devices by using a keyboard conversion program such as:
- Enjoy for Mac OS X
- JoyToKey for Windows
- Joy2Key for Linux
Game jam joy: Krunch's long road to release... from Ludum Dare to Commercial Release
Posted by vieko on Jan 5th, 2013
"Krunch is one of those indie games that seems to be perpetually in development. The game began as a prototype during 2010's Mini Ludum Dare 21 jam, and has evolved constantly since then, with music from Fez's Disasterpeace and sound effects contributed by Jordan Fehr of Super Meat Boy and Hotline Miami fame." - Mike Rose
Read the rest of the article here: Gamasutra