A free-roaming squad based RPG. Focusing on open-ended gameplay features rather than a linear story. Be a trader, a thief, a rebel, a mercenary, a business owner, a doctor, a bandit... the list goes on. Aid or oppose the various factions in the world while striving for the strength and wealth necessary to simply survive in the harsh desert. Purchase and upgrade your own buildings to use as safe fortified havens when things go bad, or use them to start up a business. Train your men up from puny victims to master warriors. Carry your wounded squad mates to safety and get them all home alive.
A bug-fixing update is out now to keep you going while you wait for the big 0.40 release.
Posted by captain_deathbeard on Dec 9th, 2012
Version 0.33 is now out. Its nothing exciting, but it fixes a ton of bugs and problems. In the meantime I'm still working on the next big update called 0.40, which will add all the farming and brewing and mining and shop owning and stuff.
Here's the changes for the update. I have named it "Oh wow it's the big update! ...Oh wait, no it's not ...that sucks."
This is just a stability update, fixes tons of bugs to help you guys suffer less while waiting for the big 0.40 update.
- Dead NPC corpses now decay and vanish after about a day. This is mainly for performance, so your base doesn't end up with 1000 corpses around it. As cool as that would be, it would kill performance.
- You can now rename your towns/outposts
- Fixed bug where dexterity could drop instead of increase
- Fixed building furniture sometimes appearing above or below the buildings floor
- Fixed bug where you couldn't put people in beds
- Properly fixed the failed ragdoll bugs now
- Fixed an inventory/stealing cheat
- Little bugs fixed: flashing grey box when you open inventory, physics running while game is paused, cage crashes
- Fixed the vanishing bounty character bug, when you carry a bandit a long way and he vanishes, or he vanishes from a cage
- You can now create more than one player town and it will save properly
- Fixed it when medics don't always move on to the next patient
- Fixed the blue inventory icons bug