Hammerfight is about 2D battles of flying machines equipped with various slashing, piercing and blunt weaponry.

RSS Feed Humble Indie Bundle 3

Introducing Humble Indie Bundle 3! Get 5 classic indie games: Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, Hammerfight, VVVVVV and And Yet It Moves for whatever price you want while helping the Child's Play Charity and the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

Posted by Henley on Jul 28th, 2011

Humble Indie Bundle has raised over a million dollars for charities, it seems the boys behind the endeavour are not slowing down. Show your support and donate as much as you can.

Update: New games added to the bundle please welcome with open arms Steel Storm: Burning Retribution and Atom Zombie Smasher to the bundle!

Visit humblebundle.com to get started, the event will last for another 12 days and all the games are redeemable on both Desura and Steam.

Comments
medve
medve Jul 28 2011, 2:00am said:

i swear i never heard of hammerfight before, the rest is well known fun games. by the way, ive seen the new cogs achivements...impossible challange accepted.

Noremakk
Noremakk Jul 28 2011, 3:20am replied:

Hammerfight is a lot of fun if you enjoy that Eastern European "it feels like luck, but it's actually all skill" weirdness. When I first played the game I was so bad at it, but after a few hours it became one of the craziest, most addictive games I've ever played.

ZeusLT
ZeusLT Jul 29 2011, 3:56pm replied:

lol Like counter Strike :D

ponpat
ponpat Jul 28 2011, 2:06am said:

I like most of the games in this bundle. And I also love this idea since the first bundle :)
But again I am sad to see how low the average price is going. The first bundle the average price was nice but after that it looks like with the rising popularity more and more greedy people buy it who do not know what it means when the average price is low and who don't know what a work is behind making a game :(

Renegade2
Renegade2 Jul 28 2011, 4:08am replied:

I know right :\

Metalspy
Metalspy Jul 28 2011, 7:57am replied:

Yup, that's why I've paid quite some amount of money for both bundles, but I I dont have that amount of money for this one anymore :( I can't stand paying, say, only 10 euros for these games so no Humble Indie Bundle 3 for me.

ponpat
ponpat Jul 28 2011, 10:34am replied:

10 euros currently are about 14 dollars... I currently also have no money, so I bought it for 5 euros (don't know what it was in dollars) and when I have the money I still will be able to increase the payment. When you have bought the bundle you have now the option to pay a bonus after testing the games or when you have the money :)
It is a nice feature so you can buy all games for around 5$ and increase it later to the price you think it is worth (for example you can go up to 25$).
Also I think there is a different between buying a game for a bit of money because you can not pay more at the moment and pre ordering 6 Games for 60€ and pay 0.50 for 5 Indiegames and say "lol I can get it so cheap why not take it, its their own fault stupid guys" like one of my friends did and I think most people paying nearly nothing do...

Metalspy
Metalspy Jul 28 2011, 10:54am replied:

Oh yes I remember something about that paying extra after buying thing from the previous HIB I think (if they already had it back then). I guess that changes things a little ^^

LordDz
LordDz Jul 30 2011, 9:31am replied:

Still 10 dollars are more than 0 for not buying the game ;)

omegapaine
omegapaine Aug 7 2011, 12:29pm replied:

Jeez mate, it's not about paying a lot, its about paying what you can. If you can pay a lot, then you do, if not, just pay what you can.

aerozol
aerozol Jul 29 2011, 10:49pm replied:

It's pay what you want. Paying 50c is better for them than not getting it.
Just do what you can afford/feel like, and don't worry about what others are doing.

Theon
Theon Aug 7 2011, 11:42am replied:

One of the main reasons for the low average, I believe, are the dicks on 4chan buying hundreds of 0.01$ packs and distributing them for recognition.

Chaplain_Alphitas
Chaplain_Alphitas Jul 28 2011, 6:35am said:

So Linux users are far more generous than Windows and Mac users.

Guessmyname
Guessmyname Jul 28 2011, 7:25am replied:

They haven't wasted all their money on bad OSes

Awesome_ninja
Awesome_ninja Jul 30 2011, 12:13am replied:

Who buys Windows anyways? I mean really? I don't know a single person in my family of friends who bought it, cause it's as easy to get a pirated copy, and saves me a couple of hundred of bucks...

XManXHunterX
XManXHunterX Aug 7 2011, 8:43am replied:

well is true....long life to open source programs!!!
i have windows but support a lot open source stuff IS THE FUTURE!

ne_zavarj
ne_zavarj Jul 28 2011, 12:58pm replied:

"So Linux users are far more generous than Windows and Mac users. "

As always .

Icedecknight
Icedecknight Jul 28 2011, 2:09pm replied:

@Guessmyname That was funny haha. Well windows is more expensive, while OSX is a lot cheaper. I plan on getting it for 10$, and if I like it a lot then another 10$.

0 votes     reply to
TheHappyFriar
TheHappyFriar Jul 28 2011, 5:48pm replied:

OSX has one HECK of a hardware dongle required though. ;)

THAT'S crazy expensive! Almost like an infomercial ad!

booman
booman Jul 28 2011, 11:11am said:

thank you for yet another amazing Indie Bundle! I am loving all the games and entertainment

Paddy84
Paddy84 Jul 28 2011, 11:54am said:

I need Paysafe for this.

;_;

cacballs
cacballs Jul 28 2011, 12:05pm said:

That was one funny trailer.

Dr.Goupyl
Dr.Goupyl Jul 28 2011, 2:21pm said:

It's easy to give away my useless dollars on my paypal account for that humble pack :)

CaptainLagfail
CaptainLagfail Jul 28 2011, 7:17pm said:

Although I fully admire the stance they have on price (complete freedom), I really think they should set a minimum cap of about €5.

Doesn't sound like much, but count that by roughly half a million sales and you can see where I'm going.

I don't mean this as "be greedy", I mean don't let the greedy b*stards suck up all the genuine profit on downloading the games. Someone's paying for the file hosting after all, and the possibility of (Like HIB1) 1.8m people downloading the games...

They probably have the numbers worked out (I hope they do), but don't let thousands of greedy people suck you into debt for moral reasons...

Metalspy
Metalspy Jul 28 2011, 7:21pm replied:

Well if it wasn't profitable enough they wouldn't have a 3rd edition of HIB :P And while I like the idea of a minimum price myself, it's still their initiative and if they don't mind a lot of people paying very small amounts of money then that's their choice.

CaptainLagfail
CaptainLagfail Jul 28 2011, 7:45pm replied:

What I meant was there comes a point where a low profit becomes a loss when you take into account all the costs involved. Obviously the numbers were worked out in bulk, as fixed starting costs (hosting, etc). I've no doubt they've already surpassed the threshold at which all new transactions could be considered profit but I think it's still a silly idea to allow the risk of a sale that actually costs you more than you make, especially with this many sales being made (140k so far?)

Besides, about 70% of those who buy the games at 1c would still buy the games at €1 or €2 or possibly even €5. With a minimum in place, people will still buy. They just won't be able to rip off the devs hard work.

joeka
joeka Jul 29 2011, 1:22pm replied:

they just could ignore cents and only allow dollar steps... it would still be pay what you want, only not that precise :)

Heaney
Heaney Jul 30 2011, 9:37am replied:

I don't think that this is ABOUT profit.

It's about being charitable...

altercuca
altercuca Jul 29 2011, 5:57pm said:

i know its supposed to be a pay what u want type of deal but seriously ppl need to pay e bit more damn it!

Reqieumthefallen
Reqieumthefallen Jul 29 2011, 11:24pm said:

If I had the money... I'd buy it just for And Yet It Moves

xXMaNiAcXx
xXMaNiAcXx Jul 30 2011, 7:06pm replied:

Why so? All the other games are so sweet! And you even get a minecraft pass to play until Aug 14! By the way, there is no money limit, so give it a humble donation!

PS: A humble donation, not to steal from them by buying it for $0,01. This is sad and for soulless people.

Metalspy
Metalspy Aug 1 2011, 5:56pm said:

Steel Storm: Burning Retribution has been added to the HIB3! I like how they have 'surprises' everytime.

Waddlesticks
Waddlesticks Aug 2 2011, 2:10am said:

The average price people have bought at is $4.76... Seriously people the games all up cost $50 if this sale wasn't happening... People think about it! do $10 minimum! :D Support the cause!

Metalspy
Metalspy Aug 3 2011, 3:27pm said:

And now they've even added HIB2 to the deal.. damn this is great (for those that didn't already have it). "Awesome Indie Pack" would be a more fitting name in my opinion ;)

infearno
infearno Aug 6 2011, 6:21am said:

how do i use my code for this -_-

kolito
kolito Aug 6 2011, 11:50am replied:

go here and enter it Desura.com

EaglesNestOne
EaglesNestOne Aug 9 2011, 10:31pm said:

Once again, the humble bundle demonstrates not only the size of the market for linux gamers but also their willingness to spend money on indie games. If you look at the numbers given by the back-end of the chart shown for numbers of purchases according to OS,
(http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=p&chs=122x122&chco=338833|883333|333388&chd=t:0.1783000018777420758462750187,0.6350669537749638085482225090,0.1866330443472941156055024723&chf=bg,s,00000000&chdlp=r)
you can see that linux users (colour 333388) actually made more purchases than Mac users (colour 338833). Needless to say, linux users on average have also paid more than either Windows or Mac users in all of the bundles so far.

I'm very glad to see desura is moving towards client builds for linux - I hope it will be recognised as a viable distribution solution and will help persuade dev teams into making more cross-platform games. With valve and other companies starting to make games for Macs, I wouldn't expect it to be much more difficult/costing to do so for linux as well - OSX being a distant child of UNIX itself. Probably the only thing that veers the industry away from the linux platform is package management and distribution. With Desura there, that shouldn't be much of a problem in the future. Just my 2 cents worth. I hope to see more bundles in the not-too-distant future - they're pretty neat.

dave_5430
dave_5430 Aug 10 2011, 11:12am said:

Well, I'm absolutely glad I only paid 5 bucks for this, the only games worth it are atom zombie- and VVVV... everything else either really sucks, lacking alot of feature or polish or, well, GAMEPLAY, or is so old that I played it 50 times already.

Sorry but, not even for charity will I pay more for a selection like these.

0 votes     reply to
hero1900
hero1900 Oct 18 2011, 4:27am said:

i like all games in here, all does not take so much time for me to play and focus on my study