A simple yet ambitious plan, to terraform planet Diversitas. About 1.25 trillion dollars were invested into this project, ships were built, colonizers were trained, scientists were hired; And it all failed. On the second year following the route to Diversitas, one of the main nuclear engines of the mother ship "Infinitum" exploded, as far as you know you are the only survivor. Alone in space, no communication, no people.

RSS Feed 1.3 has been uploaded, Linux version uploaded

So its finally here, after so much work, effort and commitment update 1.3 is being authorized by Desura.

Posted by frozenstudios on Jan 17th, 2013

So it's finally here, after so much work, effort and commitment update 1.3 is being authorized by Desura, this update will feature some UI upgrades, a minimap and radically increased performance. When i say radically increased performance i mean a 10 frames per second increase. Checkout some pictures from the new update.

1.3

1.3

But that is not it!!, the Linux version of the game has been uploaded, and its waiting authorization, probably its available at the moment you are reading this. I believe Frozen Nightmare has received a lot of development, and I promise that while i can buy my food and keep myself above ground i will continue to develop this game. And i know that I am not alone, I know that I have people backing me up (YOU).

Check out the update video.

Comments
pysiu
pysiu Jan 18 2013, 7:44am said:

thanks, keep up the good work ;)
i`ll check the new build out once it will be avaible on Desura.

AlexVSharp
AlexVSharp Jan 18 2013, 8:49am said:

Uhm... a minimap is hardly what I would call 'realistic'... especially in a survival game.
Perhaps a simple compass would've been a better choice?
If exploration is more important than knowing exactly where you are, a 'blank' map could work too.

0 votes     reply to
frozenstudios
frozenstudios Jan 18 2013, 6:14pm replied:

thanks for the suggestion, we will take it into consideration

pysiu
pysiu Jan 19 2013, 6:55am said:

just to let you know- the game doesn`t start from desura since the update again :P

pysiu
pysiu Jan 19 2013, 7:07am replied:

the game runs fine from the install folder so it`s not a big deal.
I like the update although i agree that a map might be too much for a survival game.

IMVHO it would be better to shift the main purpose of the game to gathering materials in order to build some defences instead of gathering food/water/health like it is right now. Of course i know tha game is in development, that was just an idea... Same goes for better animations/models :)

valdimir1986
valdimir1986 Jan 19 2013, 4:48pm said:

Well, the game will not start on Linux: "Not supported on this plattform" error