Years ago, the last heroic types failed to defeat Slith, the demonic overlord. Now, all peoples live as mindless slaves to him, and have for many generations. In this great absence of combat, your mind has been left to wander and you have started to realize who Slith is and what has happened to your people. Now you are free from his control and must defeat him once and for all! Dive down through 10 dungeon levels of fierce tactical roguelike gameplay and face your greatest fears!
A new version of Epilogue is out, featuring 2 new game modes and some other improvements.
Posted by kraflab on Sep 2nd, 2012
Version 2.3 adds two new game modes: Infinity, which is an infinitely long dungeon that gets populated with every enemy you’ve managed to kill, and Easy, which is just slightly easier than the regular dungeon. Also, there are some visual changes, including a really nice lighting effect. Now when you get blinded you see the light around you fading down to darkness for example.
SAVE GAMES ARE INCOMPATIBLE
- Added a new game mode: Infinity: infinite dungeon arcade mode
- Added a new game mode: Easy: 20% less monsters
- Added particle effects for burning and poison
- Added a “wobble” motion to movement and attacking
- Added a stealth debuff to the Burning effect
- Added a further light smoothing effect, which creates some nice effects
- Added a slow trap
- Changed the way the game modes are displayed, to organize them a bit
- Changed some particle effects so that the “glowing” one only applies to powerful foes
- Changed the sound effect for magic attacks
- Changed ally follow distance
- Fixed an autoexplore issue
- Fixed an apparent preference for spawning certain monsters
- Removed the particle effects from enemies with bonus drops since it was superfluous