Darkout is a sandbox, with strategy and survival components. One of the clearest influences present in the game comes from titles like Minecraft or Terraria, sandbox platformers where the player can build up facilities and modify his environment at will. But in Darkout there are some interesting points that make it worth to look at, starting by the importance that light has in the game.
-OpenGL Graphics card that can display at least 1024x768 res (Nvidia 8000 series or better)
-2 Gig Ram
-Fully compatible with Windows XP SP3 / Vista / Windows 7
-Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo 1.3 Ghz or Better
-2.5 Gig HDD Space
-.NET Framework 2.0
Darkout Gameplays / Tutorials playlist on Youtube (daily updates): bit.ly/155YwGW
Darkout F.A.Q.s bit.ly/15A5lxu
It’s finally time for another patch! The team has been working extremely hard to get all these additions and tweaks to you. Our testers have been taking the game apart as usual and we have discovered, fixed and tweaked a lot of bugs and little game balancing issues found throughout. Here is just a small preview of things to come..
Posted by Allgraf on Aug 24th, 2013
It’s finally time for another patch! The team has been working extremely hard to get all these additions and tweaks to you. Our testers have been taking the game apart as usual and we have discovered, fixed and tweaked a lot of bugs and little game balancing issues found throughout. Below is a small preview of things to come:
Remote Upgrade for your wrist device (PDM)
- The new Remote Menu will be available once you have researched it
- Place receivers in the remote and then hook them up to a device
- Up to 4 devices per remote button, click button to trigger/toggle devices
- Clicking on a device in the remote will set it to active/inactive
- Right click on device in remote window to disconnect it from button
- One remote button per device allowed
- Disconnecting device from a remote button deletes attached receiver
PDM Menu (Personal Data Module)
- Data Logs menu
- Discovered Blueprints menu
- Log and Blueprint found counter in menu
- In Future this menu will also contain a list of Player achievements, Bestiary, Research Tree, etc.
Coloured lights with the addition of more lights
- All Base lights now have colour selection upon crafting using crystal
- Can only be found in blueprint drop
- Fires a 3 bullet spread shot (very destructive)
Updated Death System
- Changed death system to not drop items in tool bar when killed
- New Grave Marker to hold inventory at location of death
Recall device (works in conjunction with Death system)
- Recall Device can place Marker Beacons (must craft marker beacons first)
- Last marker placed serves as recall position in the event of death
- In the event of death use Recall Device to teleport to most recent Marker Beacon
- Remember to place markers as you explore, these can also be hooked up to your auto save
- Cooldowns for placing rods and using Recall Device to discourage dying constantly
- Relic Blueprint drop rates adjusted.
- Large containers.
- New death penalties
- Sled paths load correctly when game loads.
- Can have longer sled paths.
- Barrels are now Liquid containers
- And Tons more!..