Darkout is a sandbox, with strategy and survival components. One of the clearest influences present in the game comes from titles like Minecraft or Terraria, sandbox platformers where the player can build up facilities and modify his environment at will. But in Darkout there are some interesting points that make it worth to look at, starting by the importance that light has in the game.
-OpenGL Graphics card that can display at least 1024x768 res (Nvidia 8000 series or better)
-2 Gig Ram
-Fully compatible with Windows XP SP3 / Vista / Windows 7
-Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo 1.3 Ghz or Better
-2.5 Gig HDD Space
-.NET Framework 2.0
Darkout Gameplays / Tutorials playlist on Youtube (daily updates): bit.ly/155YwGW
Darkout F.A.Q.s bit.ly/15A5lxu
“Commencing with a stunning new intro, and offering a new cast of enemies with a deeper storyline, we are excited to announce the release of the first Darkout stage on Steam 4 Dec 2013!”
Posted by Allgraf on Dec 1st, 2013
It's finally time to release on Steam!
We are proud to announce that 'Darkout Stage 1' will be released on Steam the 4th of December. Those keeping up with the press and our social pages probably know that part already, but here are some more details below.
What is stage 1?
Thanks to everyone’s feedback and a year of Beta the game is finally in a place which we can consider the base version of Darkout, Stage 1.
From this point on we will expand on the universe, Biomes, Gameplay, Items, etc.
We currently have 3 more Key stages planned and will reveal all the details of these plans as we develop the game further, not unlike our predecessors in the Sandbox genre.
In-between the stages we will also have some mini updates as needed
Stage 2 – 4 will contain
- More Story
oWhy are you here and what is really going on? All this will be revealed as Each stage contains a new act for the storyline
- More Biomes
oUnderwater Biome, Sky Base, Feral Jungle, etc
- An End Game
oFix the Ship or Illuna? Only time will tell
- More enemies
oThe Penguin Drones
oMore bosses with each Stage
oDead, alive, evil, good?
- Underground Bunkers / Labs
oUnique treasures, enemies, stories
oSub, Mech, and?
oWeapons, Devices, rewards, achievements, etc!
oAlpha/Beta in Stage 2
oBeta to Completion in Stage 3
Since our last Open Beta update we have implemented quite a host of new features including
- The Big Boss!
o Includes some new music!
- Backwards movement while firing weapons
- Completely new story line (ACT-1) for the game, which can be followed at your own leisure, as an extra feature for those who like to immerse themselves in the world of Darkout even more.
- Voice-overs for the story!
- By popular community request we have added a completely new playable Male character to the game as well as various different start-up color choices for both characters. These will come into play even more in future when we delve into the different casts and positions of service in the old world of Illuna that came before the age of Darkout
- And a brand new Intro movie!
- Achievements! We track everything!
oHow many trees did you cut down, iron did you find, enemies did you kill, etc
We have also taken all the Preview and player feedback from the last patch and done a complete polish/refinement pass on our interface and overall gameplay experience. This also includes…
- Tweaking the light penetration into the ground for easier mining and exploration on the surface and City. Below ground portable lights are your only salvation.
- Click and Hold mining and block placement
- Device placement directly from the inventory
- Removal of the Shift key when interacting with devices (doors, trapdoors, etc.)
- Gamma setting! (we know it’s dark)
- Overhauled UI
- New AI for ALL enemies
- Tweaked Light Dark Mechanic for enemies
- Completely new Item Database system for improved performance with crafting, storage and containers.
We'll keep you updated on all the developments and want to thank everyone for helping us get here!