You’ll be able to play as one of the four people that got trapped inside this haunted hotel. As a survivor your main objective will be finding your way out, as well as helping your fellows get out too. You’ll often find yourself on the edge, hearing and seeing ghostly things, trying to find keys and items to help in your escape. And sometimes you’ll find yourself running desperately from a monster, who’s there only to hunt down and kill you and your friends. You’ll also be able to play as the monster. You’ll assume an ethereal form, which you’ll use to haunt the survivors, triggering eerie noises and events. You’ll also assume a physical form, which will allow you to hunt and kill the survivors trapped in the hotel. It’ll be your killing spree.
- Processor: 2.0+ GHz (dual core recommended);
- Memory: 2 GB RAM;
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2000+, nVidia GeForce FX 6 series
How to troubleshoot almost every issue you may find while trying to play Damned. (so far...)
Posted by 9heads on Aug 1st, 2013
My screen goes black and freezes/crashes!
- The main server may be down for maintenance.
- The game is trying to create a window with a resolution that conflicts with your screen.
- Open the file "setup.cfg" under "C:/ProgramData/Damned/Config" with notepad and change the resolution there to one matching your screen.
- Give it a while...
The game doesn't launch, it opens and close really fast!
- Your computer is missing Python 2.7.
- Install Python 2.7: Python.org
I open the game, enter my username and password, click Login and the game freezes!
- The login server is down for maintenance...
- Give it a while...
Can't connect to servers/Can't host!
- You are behind strict NAT.
- The person hosting is behind strict NAT.
- Log in the game, go Options > Connection, check the option "Use Fixed Port", leave the fixed port as 55888 and port forward this UDP port in your router.
- If possible, open your NAT.
Note: Unfortunately, if you are behind a strict NAT, and the port forward method doesn't work, there's not much we can do, it's your router or ISP fault, and AAA games face this same issue. You'll still be able to connect with some hosts, provided they are behind open NAT. More on this:
We really hope this guide will solve all issues in the Universe, but if it don't, please, be patient and PM us with your issue, we promise we will try to fix everyone's problem as soon as possible.
Thanks everyone for being an understanding, supportive and awesome community!