Fast paced, Action packed, original 3D Tower Defense mixed with RTS! Get ready for some crazy Cubemen action!
It’s the age old struggle between Good vs Bad, Blue vs Red, Little men vs Little men. Use your own little Cubemen to defend your base from other little Cubemen that are trying to run it over. It’s the usual story, but with many very interesting twists.
Play a purely defense game in various modes on a sweet selection of levels, or go into Skirmish mode and play a new type of TD game against either the computer or another human opponent. That’s right.. Two way REAL-TIME TD against the computer or a real person!
There are no static towers, just little men! Spawn your little Cubemen with orders to get to a certain location to attack or defend. You can move your Cubemen around the board at any time or click on an enemy to target them.
It’s TD like you’ve never seen or experienced before. Grab it now!
Cubemen Beta 1 if finally out and available here on Desura for both Windows and OSX.
Posted by seonr on Feb 12th, 2012
We are pleased to announce that after almost 12 months of hard work, sleepless nights and of course lots of fun, Cubemen has reached beta stage!
Cubemen is now feature locked and life is now all about squishing those final pesky bugs and then its full release time.
Cubemen has way more content in it than I ever planned for a v1.0 release, but I'm all about value for money and pleasing my customers, so I went the extra mile and now the shipping version of Cubemen now has:
- 20 Defense Levels
- 10 Skimish Levels (AI & Online Multiplayer)
- 5 Defense Gameplay modes
- 5 Cubemen colour choices
- Individual score ladders for all Defense levels
- Comprehensive game and rank tracking for Skirmish levels
- 27 Achievements to earn in game
The image above is one of the latest levels called "Hard Climb" and shows some CRAZY last wave action with Lasers, Rockets, Flame Throwers and a never ending onslaught of enemy troops! Just the way we love it!
While Cubemen is in Beta, we are discounting it here for 25% off. Once Cubemen goes Gold, the discount is going away, so get in while you can to save on your purchase price.
For those that are interested, here is the change list from Alpha 0.93 to Beta 1...
- Added "Cancel" button for when joining online games
- Added "Cancel" button for when no online games are available
- Added Skirmish Stats/Ranks to menu
- Added Skirmish game stats auto saving
- Added more Sound Effects
- Added FullScreen mode in Options screen
- Added iOS features for iPad2 Platform
- Added new B-TRIANGLE Defense Level
- Added new HARD CLIMB Defense Level
- Added new TOUGH GOING Defense Level
- Added new SWIRLY Defense Level
- Added new VALLEY Defense Level
- Added new COLOSSEUM Skirmish level
- Added new NODES Skirmish level
- Added new ZIPPER Skirmish level
- Added new THE GRID Skirmish level
- Added new PILLARS Skirmish level
- Added new PLATFORMS Skirmish level
- Improved Flamer rate of fire and radius
- Improved Game Options screen
- Improved Updated all Wave data for each level. All are now 20 waves
- Improved Increased save score timeout
- Improved Bonus Packages now can't be collected by enemies
- Removed Time Scale button from Network Games
- Removed First Play help from Skirmish Games
- Fixed Hooked up missing Achievements
- Fixed BOSS targeting bug it's when enemy target is already destroyed
- Fixed Save Score message still visible on scene change
- Fixed final wave count that is being sent to the scores system was 1 wave short
- Fixed Last Score & Best Score showing the wrong way around on level selection screen
- Fixed the Skirmish levels now showing their correct Difficulty types
- Fixed Skirmish games sometimes breaking at wave 6
- Fixed units sometimes using wrong colours in Skirmish games
- Fixed some levels allowing unit placement on enemy spawn positions
- Fixed medal award at end of game not issuing correct medals other than Platinum
- Fixed some achievements that were not being awarded
- Fixed ability to incorrectly select non selectable units
- Fixed some Cubemen has wrong selected icons and incorrect colours
- Fixed 4 Enemy Spawn levels crashing on level start