Astralia is a top down space shooter with RTS elements, you fly around shooting up monsters, at the same time commanding a team of drone fighters and capital ships, and gathering resources. The gameplay requires both reflexes and tactical thinking, effective use of the allied ships and resource management are essential to playing and winning the game, if you don't pay attention to that the A.I. will make short work of you.
Astralia, my space shooter RTS mashup game is now available from Desura and Indievania.
Posted by astroboid on Oct 12th, 2011
I recently uploaded my game Astralia to Indievania, you can get it for just $1.99 USD or purchase it right here on Desura.
The game is a space shooter with RTS elements, you fly around shooting up monsters, at the same time commanding a team of drone fighters and capital ships, and gathering resources. If it sounds intriguing (or maybe confusing) watch the trailer below.
The Xbox version has been on the Xbox Marketplace since September 28 and already earned positive feedback from reviewers and is a Kotaku Favorite.
Here are some misleading quotes from various reviews and mentions:
- "a well made, addictive, and surprisingly deep game that will have you playing 'one more level' for quite some time" - digitallydownloaded
- "Astralia is one of the few genuinely different titles out there [...] a shooter, in space, that isn't a twin-stick. Shocking, I know. " - Gear-Fish
- "one of those rewarding experiences; every facet of the game is beautiful" - Fangwheel
- "Well, I’ve complained about games not being willing to take risks, and Astralia definitely throws it all out on the table." - Armless Octopus
- "...blast the living hell out of anything you don't like the look of." - Kotaku
Anyway, I hope you will like the game,