3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it!

"Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 !
Best Regards,
Adam" -- SeaNanners

Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com

RSS Feed 3089 Updated -- New attacks, fixes & more!

3089 has been updated to v0.43a. This update brings a new flying melee attack, balancing tweaks, fixes & more. Check out the free demo to see!

Posted by Phr00t on Apr 12th, 2013

Hey all,

I finally got to extending the story (after tons of other updates!) — now you can find out more about what the “Unknown Entity” is & what its plans are. However, there is still much work to do be done here — I do plan on having multiple endings!

I wanted players to enjoy melee weapons (alongside stealth) more, so I added a new flying melee attack ability. To trigger a flying attack, charge up a melee weapon and look at your target from a short distance — when you release, you will fly towards the target and strike. You can perform a flying attack while stealthy, too! This should make it easier to attack flying targets with melee weapons & in general, make them more fun to use.

Consumables have been tweaked a bit. First, I made them more expensive so using recharging stations in buildings would seem more desirable. However, to make up for the increased cost & to give more use to the “Consumables” skill, I made a residual effect that lasts for 20 seconds after using a health or energy item. Depending on how good your “Consumables” skill is, your health or energy will increase for that 20 seconds.

Complete list of changes @ 3089game.wordpress.com

Back to work!
- Phr00t

Comments
Guest
Guest Apr 13 2013, 6:31am said:

This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.

mik3k
mik3k Apr 13 2013, 10:55pm said:

I really like your update system through BMTMicro, but it doesn't seem to want to update. It shows my version as 0.42a and that 0.43a is the latest version. I click "Update via BMT Micro" and it downloads what looks like around 5 MB (or maybe 50 MB? didn't count how many digits). It still shows me on 0.42a and I did the download twice. In game it also shows 0.42a in the bottom right corner.

Maybe it's because I have it installed on my D: drive instead of C: drive?

Phr00t
Phr00t Apr 14 2013, 10:09am replied:

After it was done downloading, did it start an installer for v0.43a?

mik3k
mik3k Apr 14 2013, 3:26pm replied:

I watched it this time. It was 59 MB and then the launcher closes immediately but doesn't run the install. It must be saving it somewhere. I am on Win XP (because my work requires Win XP 32 bit or Vista 32 bit). I installed the game to my D: and Win XP is on C:.

Phr00t
Phr00t Apr 14 2013, 3:38pm replied:

That file size is correct... I wonder why the installer isn't running :( Can you try downloading the installer manually from BMT Micro and running it? Curious if that will work on your machine..

mik3k
mik3k Apr 14 2013, 11:53pm replied:

That worked fine. I keep all my old emails so it's not a big deal to update this way.