3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it!

"Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 !
Best Regards,
Adam" -- SeaNanners

Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com

RSS Feed 3089 Update: New Accuracy System & Game Guide

3089 has a whole new dynamic accuracy system based on your movement & your weapon's recoil. New players will also be able to reference the in-game "Game Guide'. Many other improvements are also included!

Posted by Phr00t on May 17th, 2013

Hey all,

Thank you all for your feedback! I tried to fit as much of your feedback into this update as possible without delaying it any longer. The biggest improvement has been made to the accuracy system, which previously "sucked"
;-) I'm really aiming to polish and make 3089 amazing, so I overhauled the whole thing. You will now get a dynamic crosshair which will grow and shrink depending on your weapon's accuracy, if you are moving & how quickly you are firing your weapon. Vehicle & scope accuracy has also been redone - check it out!

Tons of other requested improvements have been made to this update, like increasing brightness, adding a "Game Guide", fixing vanishing robots, increasing melee attack rates & much more. Please check out the lengthy version history for all of the details.

I did add in the "Collector" flying robot, which is a "work-in-progress" story robot near the end of the game. It doesn't do much yet, since I moved to address other issues. I hope to get back to it soon!

I also plan on re-evaluating difficulty, now that the new accuracy system is in place. I will likely make the game easier, but I need to find exactly how to do that in a balanced way.

Complete version history @ 3089game.wordpress.com

OK, back to work!
- Phr00t

Comments
Xangi
Xangi May 18 2013, 3:53am said:

I'll probably write that review after my finals (Got Cultural Anthro, Calculus and Logic left), new accuracy system is looking VERY good. Have you ever played Deus Ex 1? It's a lot like that. I like how my pistols also take less time to acquire targets than my rifles do, it makes them very useful for fighting and moving at the same time.

Phr00t
Phr00t May 18 2013, 10:03pm replied:

Thanks man! Yes, I played & loved Deus Ex (also Human Revolution), and I like how that aiming system worked. Still lots more to do!

Joeliosis
Joeliosis May 18 2013, 8:11pm said:

Phroot,
Ive been playing on 3079 servers for a long time now, and I cant get my mind off this new title, 3089. You are going in all the right places; the new physics are fun, the AI is smarter, enemies look badass... BUT! I cat get past the first area. The rules are SO STRICT! lol. If you die once in the beginning area, you basically have to make a new character. I have alot of opinions about the singleplayer game that might make 3089 alot more "engaging", and "immersive". Meaning, ideas that will suck people in.

Phr00t
Phr00t May 18 2013, 10:04pm replied:

OK! I'm working on making the game easier.

Thank you for all the ideas, although it would be best if you posted in the forums! :P

Joeliosis
Joeliosis May 18 2013, 8:14pm said:

30seventy9 thrust you in a world that was besieged by demons; after you figure out how not to die from impact by hitting Z, you find out very fast how unforgiving the world of 3079 is. Loot-deletion-on-death, overpowered demons that suck you into them, crazy kamikaze fighter pilots.... But it was awesome. Once you learn your boundaries, you can manage to stay alive long enough to start carving a name for yourself. In 3089, it is nearly impossible to come out alive on a 3 on one engagement, freshly out of the safe zone, only armed with a pistol. (NEW GAME START; Buy pistol or gun; $700-$1000 Buy armor: $300
spend the rest on Consumables..... Get first quest. Kill boss. "impossible" kill gang of 3 robots "They all kill me before I kill one, unless I run away and lure them into a battle (hopefully), but since they still have super cyborg accuracy, I cant seem to serpentine-jump long enough to survive the first mission.

Phr00t
Phr00t May 18 2013, 10:05pm replied:

The game is too hard, I know! I'm going to be focusing on making adjustments to make the game more fun & less frustratingly hard!

Joeliosis
Joeliosis May 18 2013, 8:15pm said:

Opinions!!!!!!

1. make enemies just outside the safe zone weaker by at least half. Cut their HP by 40%, nerf their accuracy to only hit 3/5 times, and the game will be much more engaging.My point: making enemies just outside the starting area weaker will get people in the rythm of killing the robots, learning their behavior before they are forced to run for their lives. Once people get bored of killing lvl 1 robots, they can go outwards, venture farther to get the xp they want. At this point, the starting enemies feel like lvl 4

Phr00t
Phr00t May 18 2013, 10:06pm replied:

Yes, I will be cutting enemy HP & also make them less accurate when you are dodging shots. However, I've also noticed enemies put out too little damage, so I'm going to increase their damage... but you should be able to kill them much faster, so overall, you will get hurt less. This will make battles faster & more fun.

Joeliosis
Joeliosis May 18 2013, 8:16pm said:

2. There NEEDS to be a zone where, once you die too many times and lose all your gear, you can go back to this dumpy starting area and scrape up a bit of cred to get going again. At this point, the enemies in the beginning are way too terrifying to be the first quest, let them be that hard in the very next area, but for survivals sake, touch back to 3079, make the beginning zone easier, so that having to start a new game isnt the only option.
3. Give people baby steps, make the quests in the first area have only 1-2 objactives max, to get people used to the whole process,
4.Make exploding boxes have a higher drop rate. In the beginning of the game, when you have no armor or hp regen, and you are told to "use red crates at a distance, because they explode" yeah great, they still hurt you no matter how far away you need to be, and 9 times outtta 10, they never drop anything. Does it stop me from blowing myself up for loot, NO, but still, seems harsh. at least, bump up the range from which you can activate said crate, or make it worth it, like, you know your gonna lose 10 hp, but itll be worth it

Phr00t
Phr00t May 18 2013, 10:08pm replied:

Regular crates that don't explode also drop items & the drop rate is set to 33%... maybe it would help to know both types generate drops?

Joeliosis
Joeliosis May 18 2013, 8:18pm said:

5. Thats it, because I havent gotten past the first quest. LOL.
Please take this as constructive criticism, I love the game so far, I just want to be able to play it when Im sto- ...at all times of the day! its SUPER HARD, and one of the best parts of 3079 was figuring out to survive to your first shopping spree, I havent been able to do that thus far, so lets work on it! Togetherrrrrrr!!! *flies away*

Phr00t
Phr00t May 18 2013, 10:09pm replied:

Hey, thank for sticking around to give me the helpful constructive criticism! I love working with you guys to make this game better -- and that is just what I'm going to do! Next update will be about improving the game balance, for sure.

Joeliosis
Joeliosis May 18 2013, 10:21pm said:

Thanks for the reply, its good to know that you are on top of those issues,and as I played a bit more, I noticed the changes youve implemented recently. (I survived quite a while!) oh, and I noticed that as I gained more Def, crate damage is trivial :P Ill be sure to head to the forums!

Joeliosis
Joeliosis May 18 2013, 10:22pm replied:

Its just crazy, hardly anyone ever comments on the posts you guys make on this site, craziness