3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it!
"Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 !
Adam" -- SeaNanners
Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com
3079 just got updated to v2.8.13b. Connection and chunk loading problems in multiplayer should all be fixed. Also, new graphics & better AI included!
Posted by Phr00t on Feb 19th, 2012
Remember that post about incoming multiplayer fixes? They are here! I've also fixed the link on my homepage for "Multiplayer Servers". It should be much easier to find a server, connect to it and play reliably! Of course, let me know if you run into any more bugs so I can squash them. :-)
Oh, and Urcheon made some sweet new textures for me -- a new trailer had to be made:
Complete list of changes:
- Many multiplayer fixes: disconnects & chunk loading problems should be all fixed!
- Fixed the "Multiplayer Servers" link on my homepage -- much easier to find servers!
- All new character textures: new Neanders, Humoids, Ships & Demons! Thanks to Urcheon from Desura
- Improved AI: characters will now follow and jump more intelligently
- Performance improvements
- Fixed a bug that allowed you to stack items on top of each other in storage
- Character heads now pivot correctly at the neck when looking up or down
- Humoids now always have 2 legs, Neanders have 4
- Added more help and tips at the start of the game, especially for first-time players
- Maximum grappling hook and antigrav device support is now shown in inventory
- Characters should no longer spawn on top of each other
- "Action" key now closes the storage screen in addition to opening it
- Fixed a crash when a remote player uses a grappling hook on a demon in multiplayer
- Added an option to the dedicated server to specify the directory to save chunk data
- Dedicated server now can run without any graphical interface correctly