3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it!
"Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 !
Adam" -- SeaNanners
Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com
3079 is now at v2.18.2 -- energy shields are in, waypoints are in and some general fixes are in!
Posted by Phr00t on May 10th, 2012
3079 got a few more improvements! A new energy shield item is available, which can help soak up damage at the expense of energy. To balance out this new item, standard armor defense amounts have been reduced a tad.
You can now set a waypoint on the map, which also now can be moved with the mouse. A few small crashes have been fixed too, so things should be plenty smooth and reliable.
Here are the complete list of changes:
* Added an energy shield utility that absorbs damage
* Slightly reduced standard armor defense values (to balance with new energy shield item)
* Items placed by quests will now be somewhere near the quest marker, instead of directly at it
* Added a waypoint feature with the satellite map
* The satellite map can now be moved with the mouse
* Fixed a crash when leaving the satellite map when underwater while in "No Effects" mode
* Fixed a rare crash when loading from an unreadable or corrupted player save
* Updated the underlying jMonkeyEngine to latest release