3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it!
"Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 !
Adam" -- SeaNanners
Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com
3079 has seen a pair of maintenance updates in the past two weeks. Bug fixes & even a "permadeath" mode has been added for hardcore gamers!
Posted by Phr00t on May 2nd, 2012
3079 is now more "stable" than ever! A few remaining bug fixes and improvements have been made, bringing 3079 up to version 2.17.6. A permanent death mode, which was surprisingly highly requested, finally has made it in -- I'm looking forward to watching the first "Let's Play" video of someone beating the game without dieing once ;-)
* Added "permanent death" mode: enabled via the console for hardcore players!
* Fixed a bug that caused characters to not spawn when hosting a non-dedicated server
* Improved the responsiveness of terrain loading a bit
* Updated preferences saving format; if you had volume/configuration settings being lost, this should fix it
* Fixed a reported inventory exploit
* Fixed a reported rare crash in the terrain loader
* Loading screen now selects the first option & the key can load selected games v2.17.3
* Improved terrain loading speed & build order* Purchased miniships will now position themselves better* Added a note to purchased miniships that they will disappear if abandoned* Fixed a bug in faction symbols when taking over an enemy fort