3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it!
"Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 !
Adam" -- SeaNanners
Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com
3079 has hit a milestone -- BETA is now history! You should expect a much more reliable and polished gaming experience.
Posted by Phr00t on Apr 10th, 2012
3079 has hit a milestone and no longer considered "BETA"! Players should now expect a more bug-free and stable playing experience, both in single player and multiplayer. 3079, however, isn't complete -- I'm sure there are still a few minor bugs kicking around, and I'd like to get in some more highly requested features like maps and more destructive items.
This most recent update was all about tying up some loose ends. There was a hanging bug introduced in v2.14 which should now be fixed, and a long-standing Windows crash-on-exit should be fixed. Finally, as a result of 3079 hitting its "Stable" status, the price will no longer be reduced. The full price of $12.49 has gone into effect!
Here are the complete list of changes:
* Fixed a hanging crash that happened randomly
* Fixed a Windows crash when returning back to the Main Menu
* Items will drop from targets you've done significant damage to (instead of just getting the last shot)
* Exterior building walls (and doors) are now destroyed by capital ship fire
* Mini fighters now shoot accurately when banking and rolling
* Confirmation key (default F2) is now configurable
* Player lists in multiplayer games now show levels
* Levels are now properly synced between players in multiplayer
* Buildings will no longer be generated near (or within) city border walls
* Added a new multiplayer command "/givecredits" for exchanging credits
* Camouflage increases in multiplayer now require at least 10% damage to be dealt
* Accidental bullets and splash damage won't hurt your faction so much anymore
* Mining skill should increase a bit quicker when using a higher level drill
* Automatic player saves now happen more regularly
* The demo version of 3079 can now run dedicated servers for full versions
* Characters and mini fighters now rotate up & down correctly in multiplayer games